Question of the Day, August 10, 2022

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I'd like to see Hamilton.I've read some wonderful reviews and I think it'd be great.When I was a teenager,we didn't live very far from Bard College,and they had a fantastic theater department.My Mom and I went to see several of their productions but my favorite was about Richard the Lionhearted...it was so good!
Yes! I saw the taped version they put on Disney+, but I'd love to see it live.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I already saw two plays this summer which was a blast! The Tempest and Twelfth Night at the local Shakespeare Festival.

I would love to go to the Stratford Festival and see the whole true Shakespearean shabang - The large set and theatre, the beautiful period costumes, excellent multiple actors. Using modern or fun costumes is good and all but hard to compare to the classes at the end of the day.

Swooon :drool: (One of the plays for this 2022 season, Richard III)

Anyhoo, if it also counts I really want to see a ballet as well. La Bayadere would be lovely for instance. As others echoed, it has been too long!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have never been to a Broadway level show but I do love musical theater or musical movies. When I was a kid I'd rent The Music Man a bunch of times from the video rental place.

Jersey Boys or Wicked would probably be my choice. But honestly I think I could enjoy most anything as long as it stays family friendly or close to it.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
For Broadway, an easy way to save money is to see the Wednesday matinee instead of an evening show or weekend. Around 5 years ago, I saw Wicked on the Wednesday matinee and it was only around $60 a ticket for orchestra seating.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I saw Phantom of the Opera twice, when it was in Toronto, and loved it. So would go see that again.

I'd also love to see Cats, and The Lion King. Also Come From Away.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Also Come From Away.
I saw Come From Away this spring and absolutely loved it, I think you would too. The music was fabulous and the audience gave them a standing ovation. :clap: