Question of the Day, August 10, 2022

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning, almost afternoon, and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :coolcat: We're having another picture perfect day with cooler temps and sunshine. 🌞 While I was driving home a little while ago I thought how much I appreciate days like this and was reminded about how much I missed during the pandemic. One of the things I really missed, although there were many, was not going to the theater to see a play. There are so many plays I would love to see but have not. Two that standout for me are The Phantom of the Opera and To Kill a Mockingbird. I hope they bring them back because I'd hate to miss them again.

If someone gave you "free" tickets to any play of your choice what would it be?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love to see Wicked, or To Kill a Mockingbird.. or even Jersey Boys.
So many. The prices are exorbitant. I cannot afford a seat.. not even to one of my favorite singers..
Not like the good old days, when I could afford to see a play.. or concert.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Anything with Ian McKellan. The Hairy Ape. Would love to see an updated version of You Can’t Take it With You. Keep hoping someone will do Shirley Jackson’s The Lottery but I don’t know how you make the rocks. Joe Orton.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
If I had the chance, though, my choice would be obvious: it would be Cats.
I've seen Cats several times and each time I liked it more. :bigeyes: I even got the DVD and a tee shirt. I'm sure you would enjoy it .

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've only seen one play many years ago in college. It was Fiddler on the Roof, that really ages me. I would like to see Cats or The Lion King. I love the music from The Lion King.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
There is also a lot of excellent theatre NOT on Broadway, w/ great actors, acting their hearts out. Worth seeking out, wherever you can.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anything with Ian McKellan.
I love Ian Kellan and would love to see him in a play. I would also like to see Cats and To Kill A Mockingbird. I went to a dinner threater years ago and saw The Odd Couple. I enjoyed it. I don't know if they are still around. I live in assisted living and they are going to start taking us to the threaters here in Fredericksburg. They used to take residents to the threaters but stopped when Covid hit. Someone said it used to cost $70.00 two years ago but I'm sure it has gone up in price. They have had some famous actors come here. Dan Blocker, Sally Struthers from All In The Family and Karen Grassel from Little House, etc. I would have loved to have seen her.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only play I've ever seen was Chorus Line, on Broadway, a loooong time ago. It was fun. I haven't been much of anywhere since Covid hit, sadly.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is also a lot of excellent theatre NOT on Broadway, w/ great actors, acting their hearts out. Worth seeking out, wherever you can.
I haven't checked into Community theatre here but I am sure it is here. There are several universities the biggest being Ohio State University and I am sure there are plays done there. Traveling Broadway shows come here, the next one is Hamilton. Tickets range from $65 to a little over $100, not cheap but I am sure cheaper than on Broadway.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd love to see Frogz again. It was so much fun. Frogz

I'd also love to see the Broadway version of The Lion King.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In our area, the biggie is Shea's Theater, also there is, in the summer, Shakespeare in Delaware Park. There are other, smaller, venues as well. The only problem is that it requires going into Buffalo after dark and, given the current state of that city, that is not a risk that I am willing to take.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I'd like to see Hamilton.I've read some wonderful reviews and I think it'd be great.When I was a teenager,we didn't live very far from Bard College,and they had a fantastic theater department.My Mom and I went to see several of their productions but my favorite was about Richard the Lionhearted...it was so good!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love live theater. I don't care if it's the community play in a tiny town or Broadway. I've seen tons of plays, I wouldn't be able to list them all.

The only one I've seen on Broadway was Annie Get Your Gun, with Bernadette Peters (and I guess the guy who played Frank was Luke Duke but I didn't realize that at the time) so that was cool. I didn't choose it and probably wouldn't have, but it was great anyway.

My favorite is Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. So that's what I'd pick for free tickets.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'd love to see Lion King again. It's amazing, but also amazingly expensive. $200 for a ticket is a bit much ATM. But I've also heard of a new musical called Between the Lines that sounds interesting.