Question Of The Day 16 June, 2019

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!
:cheerleader::clap::sunshine::rbheart::redheartpump::hearthrob::hugs:

I was going to ask a question about fathers but felt it might have been too sad for some of us, so I'm going with something light and not clever :D!!

If you adopted a new kitten today, what would you name her/him?

Girl-Francesca Noelle
Boy-Christopher James

So what about you? What would you choose?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I thought the Vincie girl was a boy for weeks, then when I was able to pet her I found out I was wrong. I was going to name her Jennifer but it didn't suit her, so she's remained the Vincie girl.

TJW80

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don’t know. I either choose names based on their personality, or as others have said they’ve named themselves. The only cat we have that has had a name right away is 2 Pawz because my wife thought that name was clever and she had picked it out before we even brought him home.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I just met a kitty named Spencer, a name that really fit him. I’d consider that for a boy. But I’d spend a lot of time looking at all of the names people here on TCS have for their fur friends. So many great choices! :catrub:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
It's hard to say because I love to name my animals based on their personality or how I feel about them. For example, Felix's name means "lucky". We always used to tell him how he was the luckiest kitten from his entire family because we look after him the best and have never given up on him.

Sometimes I browse the shelter's website for fun and imagine what life would be like to adopt another cat... I pick names for them too based on their personality and temperment profile. And also their looks...

GingersFloofs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I was a kid I had two betta fish named Footloose and Fancy. Once they died, I thought that perhaps one day I'd name two cats that. I haven't done it yet, but if I possibly adopt anymore cats the male would be Footloose and the female would be Fancy.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes I pick names of a favorite character in a movie/book or celebrity, (dead or alive). Sometimes we have let our kids choose a name if they can agree. For some odd reason we kept the name the shelter gave our present cat because we couldn't think of a better one and it just seemed to fit him. :catman: Right now I'm thinking of the name, Jackson, Jax for short.

Aico & Nacho

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Both of my current cats names end in an 'O', so I think I'd like to stick with that trend. For a boy, I like the name Milo. For a girl, maybe the name Echo. I'm not as certain on the girl name as I am the boy.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always wanted two male cats named Jack and Gus Gus (Cinderella mice) and I have this obsession with the name Morty. I saw a commercial once with with an elderly couple, and the husbands name was Morty, they were so figgin' cute and since then I have been a huge fan of "cute old man" names for cats. But so far, Morty has not suited anyone yet, and my husband did not want to name our most recent two males after Cinderella characters, so maybe the next time I'll convince him.
As for female names, I have no idea, I always have a hard time with female names.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I pick names of a favorite character in a movie/book or celebrity, (dead or alive). Sometimes we have let our kids choose a name if they can agree. For some odd reason we kept the name the shelter gave our present cat because we couldn't think of a better one and it just seemed to fit him. :catman: Right now I'm thinking of the name, Jackson, Jax for short.
Is Jax, Jackson, from the series Sons of Anarchy? Oh my, he was hot!