Veteran
Purraise
Complete hysterectomy

Gall bladder surgery

Minor surgery for meniscus tear in knee

Minor surgery to remove wisdom tooth

Broke my little toe on my left foot

I have high blood pressure, kept under control by walking and by meds

Overall, I cannot complain! Life is good.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Phew, long story, but will keep it short - was born with severe kidney disease, including severe hydronephrosis, and on top of that was born with four kidneys (Two were not working). So over the course of my childhood and teen years, had 5 major surgeries, and long term stints in the hospital. At the moment I currently have one kidney and a half, with the ureters crisscrossed from re-implantation surgery.

I still need regular checkups, with blood and urine samples to see how current function is doing. But altogether, I am ok now! Just need to drink a lot of water, not get punched in the gut, and of course eat well. I get tired easily, but I try my best to keep tabs on that, I don't want that kind of thing as an excuse or to slow me down.

My nephrologist says I am likely to need a transplant sometime in the future, approx. twenty years.

But hey! 
 It's all good. Sometimes I worry about my middle aged self, but otherwise no use doing so. Who knows what the future would really bring? and I can have a sense of humour about it all - for example, I joke how on a first date, instead of asking about things like jobs, hobbies or potential kids, I'll ask "Sooooo....what is your blood type?" "Wow, I think I like that right one you got there! Feels nice and squishy" People tend to find that really funny.  (Rest assured have family members who already volunteered to donate).

Altogether I tend to be an advocate for kidney disease awareness, and stay close with the foundation. It's not an easy thing, it doesn't just effect old folks and doesn't just go away easily. There is also a whole bunch of different types affecting different ages. Kidney disease kills more people a year in the US than breast cancer and prostate cancer combined, but people tend to not take it as seriously, and often very much overshadowed by other diseases, both adult ones and childhood ones.

Even I had comments throughout the years, from being told even by classmates and friends that it isn't a big deal, you can just get a transplant and your cured instantly - Baahhahahaha yeah like it's that simple and straightforward, especially after the fact!. Or that I must have done something to myself, like drank too much or had taken hard drugs to cause it, the impression of being a young adult and having it.

ANYWAY. Yeesh, turned into a mini vent there.

boosmommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
High cholesterol, fibromyalgia, arthritis and chronic depression. Just sprained my foot and it hurts!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
as with Columbine: too much to list!!! Do not go that route!!! 

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had a few surgeries over the years -

Wisdom teeth extracted (all 4)
Tonsilectomy
C-Section
Lasik surgery
Cystoscopy for kidney stones
Breast abscess removal (size of a lemon)
Two angiograms/3 stents (heart attack)

Chronic illnesses -

High cholestorol
Hypertension
A-Fibrillation 
Fibromyalgia and arthritis secondary to a spinal cord injury incurred when I was hit by a drunk driver (60% spinal cord compression in cervical spine).
Seasonal and  - do you believe - cat allergies! 

Other than that, I also struggle with Major Depression on a regular basis. I've kept it at bay for the last 4 years, but it will occassionally attempt to raise it's ugly head. Thankfully, my two Boys help me a LOT with that - they keep me alert, focused, active and entertained; not to mention always put a smile on my face - even when I don't want to! 

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing until I was 26 (29 now). When pregnant with my daughter, I developed severe pre eclampsia and had to deliver her by csection over 10 weeks early. Then I had my gallbladder removed 9 months later.

I still have high blood pressure from my first pregnancy and likely always will. It's controlled with medication and seems to do well when I eat and exercise but I haven't done enough of that lately.

Last edited:

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have really bad GERD. As long as I dont forget my meds I am ok but if I do or eat something to spicy God help me.

My cholesterol is starting to get high. But not so bad that meds is something I have to do yet. 

I am also Obese. I do good and lose weight for a while then I get side tracked and have to start over. I have asked about weight loss surgery but my dr said no because even though my cholesterol  is a little high I metabolically healthy. 

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Even though I am 59 I haven't developed chronic issues yet.  Of course I have more aches, pains and fatigue then when I was younger.

Surgeries

Gallbladder removal, done a year before they started using the lap procedure in my area so I had the large incision.

Three c-sections

All four impacted wisdom teeth removed.

I had my tonsils removed during Christmas vacation when I was in first grade.  I was one of those kids who had tonsillitis multiple times every winter.  My pediatrician had a grandson who died from blood loss when he had his removed quite young, he wouldn't hear of me having mine removed until I was a little older.  My dad was big on not missing school unless absolutely necessary so that's how I ended up spending Christmas vacation during first grade.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
raynuad's

(seems to be chronic, may be related to the raynaud's) anemia

low blood sodium

fracture in big toe, complete with nasty fracture blister

chipped bone in my left foot

i had bronchitis when i was very young; and as an adult i had pneumonia

then there's the 5 bouts of cellulitis, and the many times i've prevented that from developing -- i'm prone to developing cellulitis

i've dealt with depression before, and now i just don't allow myself to 'go down that road'

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

raynuad's

(seems to be chronic, may be related to the raynaud's) anemia

low blood sodium

fracture in big toe, complete with nasty fracture blister

chipped bone in my left foot

i had bronchitis when i was very young; and as an adult i had pneumonia

then there's the 5 bouts of cellulitis, and the many times i've prevented that from developing -- i'm prone to developing cellulitis

i've dealt with depression before, and now i just don't allow myself to 'go down that road'
Just so you, and everyone else who might not be aware, know.... if you have Clinical Depression (and there are many variances of depression) you can't just 'not allow yourself to go down that road'. It is treatable, but incurable. It is a chemical imbalance. It's more than a 'bad hair day' or two. And you don't 'just get over it'. 

If you, or anyone you know, is depressed or thinks you are depressed, don't ignore it and don't think it's going to 'go away'. Talk with your doctor, have blood work done, and get the proper treatment. 

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Overall, I'm pretty healthy

Chronic:

Type II Diabetes

Battling high cholesterol

Anxiety

Past surgeries:

Tonsillectomy (child)
ovarian cyst (and ovary) removed (20s)

Kidney stone removed (couple years ago)

Broken Bones:

Fractured right arm as a child

Broke 2 toes in the 1990s

That's all I can remember.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am at least seventy years old and take no prescriptions on a daily basis. I am in good shape and thank God for it.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cholesterol.
High blood pressure.
A little sugar.
Chronic depression.
Chronic headaches.
Hospitalised two years ago with loss of blood due to an ulcer I didn't know I had. Was very ill.