Question of the day 11/11/15

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning TCS! :wavey:

Here´s the question of today! :)

46. What would you say are two or three major challenges that life presented him so far?:nod:

have a nice Wednesday!:wavey:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my life? The biggest one would be my daughter. I didn't find out I was pregnant with her until I was 22 weeks. It was a huge shock when I had an ultrasound 2 weeks later and was so pregnant and had only just found out. Then 4 weeks later, I was admitted to the hospital with severe pre eclampsia (mainly high blood pressure). After 10 days in the hospital, I was taken for an emergency csection and my daughter was born at just 29 weeks pregnant (over 10 weeks early). She spent 62 days in the hospital but is a mostly healthy, happy 3 year old now.

The other would be losing my dad when he was 48. He didn't get to walk me down the aisle when I got married, he didn't get to meet his grandkids and he missed my little sister growing up.

crazy4strays

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother-in-law's battle with cancer was exceptionally tough. She was diagnosed in July of 2010 and passed away on November 6, 2014.

My SIL had a baby this last summer. It has been really sad not having her here for that.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a really easy question to answer for me.  I battled lymphoma twice and won.  Have I won the war, time will tell.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got to say the hardest thing so far has been losing my daddy. I lost him two years ago.

After that would be trying to find out what is wrong with my son. He is 3 and for the most part nonverbal. I am just trying to come to terms with the fact he may be Autistic. Dont get me wrong no matter what he is amazing its just so many emotions coming to terms with it. 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Churchill didn't speak till he was about 5. Your son is in good company. There are other top men who also spoke late. Try not to worry.
I have a cousin also who didn't speak. Why? He didn't have to. He'd point and get. He is now married with kids, a university degree and a good job.

All in good time. Try not to sweat it.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Churchill didn't speak till he was about 5. Your son is in good company. There are other top men who also spoke late. Try not to worry.
I have a cousin also who didn't speak. Why? He didn't have to. He'd point and get. He is now married with kids, a university degree and a good job.

All in good time. Try not to sweat it.
Thank you so much. My oldest son has selective mutism when my mom asked him once why he didnt talk he said because i dont want to. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I went to college at the grand old age of 40. And became a wife, a mom, a full-time employee, and a part-time college student. Took me 10 long years (heck, my son graduated from college before I did!), but I got my degree. And I'll be the first one to admit that I would have never been able to do it without the support from both Rick and my son. There were days when I'd leave the paper plant at 7:00 in the morning, drive over to the college, take a class, go nap in my car, take another class, and another nap. Go home, eat dinner, work on papers, crash for a couple hours, and then go back into work. My guys were there constantly, doing housework, doing the cooking, dealing with the house when I couldn't. My son taught me Algebra, so I could take College Algebra...and that was not easy (I took the Business Curriculum in HS, so never had Algebra). He got me through Chemistry, too. I owe my degree to my guys and I am forever grateful.

Losing my parents was rough, harder than I thought it would be. It's been three years now since Mom died and there are mornings when I come into work and I still reach for the phone to call her. We always had our phone routine where I'd call her early in the morning once I got to work. We'd sit and drink our coffee and chat for about 20 minutes or so. I miss that.

And this may sound utterly ridiculous, but I don't care. Losing Banshee was traumatizing for me. When she died, a large piece of my heart died with her. That girl was everything, both to me and to Rick, and even to the other cats. We all suffered. Rick told my brother, he was so afraid I'd have a nervous breakdown when she died and I think I came damn close for a while. She was my life. I would have never even thought about taking another cat to our family reunions, or up to my parents to spend the day, or to have her picture taken with Santa Claws, or even to a Public Speaking class on campus. But she was the Queen B. And she was special. 
 And I don't care how it sounds.

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Losing my father over 25 years ago but it still hurts.

Sending Lotto to RB 2-1/2 years ago. I became very ill after and ended up in hospital.
My psychiatrist said it was losing Lotto that caused the first illness. Everybody in my family say the same. Sigh.
I miss him so much. The weight of him on my lap. Sleeping nnext to me under the covers. I had him for 19 years, from a round ball of fur till a big furry boy.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
losing my father. it was very hard for me when my father passed. there was the grieving, but when my father passed our whole 'family dynamic' changed drastically too. in some ways the results of that have been not particularly good -- like being told quite a few horrible things that my siblings think of me (from them, said to me directly), and in other ways there have been good results -- like that i'm now very strong emotionally and very confident in my abilities.

keeping a positive attitude. it's easy to let busy times, challenging situations, and sometimes just the demands of normal everyday life get me feeling low or overwhelmed or such; but i prefer a positive attitude/outlook on things, so i make a conscious effort to move my attitude back to the positive as needed.