Question Of The Day 1 September, 2019

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
HAPPY SUNDAY AND WELCOME SEPTEMBER!

WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE COMFORT FOODS?

Mine are mac and cheese, grilled cheese, tomato soup,
cream of potato soup, my mother's chicken ala king that she would make when I was feeling rough, hot cocoa with whipped cream.

What are some of yours?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Mac and cheese, meatloaf, pasta... I could eat pizza every day, so that's probably one too.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gumbo, red beans and rice, grits and sausage gravy, pecan pie with Blue Bell vanilla ice cream, collard greens and cornbread, pinto beans with jalapenos, and pretty much anything that contains chocolate! :)

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Mac and Cheese, and any pasta dish that's creamy and saucy.
I also make something we call "mish mash", it's ground beef, onions, diced tomatoes, broccoli, and rice and whatever spices all mixed up. It's basically a "casserole" type dish, which are always awesome. I love casseroles, you just put all your favorite ingredients into a dish and voila! Yummy!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pasta with butter and pecorino romano, cheeseburger macaroni, pizza, chocolate milk, soft pretzels with cheese, red beans & rice, mashed potatoes. Popeye's spicy chicken, biscuits with sausage gravy.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chicken soup when I dont feel well. Mac and cheese, chocolate of course, crackers, cheese and fruit, cherry or apple pie and clotted cream.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pumpkin spice lattes, ice cream, macaroni and cheese, toast with a good jelly/jam right now I have homemade plum jam from the farmers market and it’s a huge comfort.

Sanders hot fudge my best friend sends me sometimes... mashed potatoes and most junk food. A good salad and pizza are a big comfort food as well. :)

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Macaroni and Cheese, Pot roast with mashed potatoes and gravy and grilled cheese with tomato soup.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chai tea with some milk, the Oregon or Tazo premixes are good too. I like the Oregon better though, the black pepper in the Tazo is not a good addition but I get it anyway because it's like 40 cents cheaper.

Also strawberry milkshakes.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my...the list is endless!I'm such a foodie!Tomato, basil and parmesan soup,portugese kale soup,clam chowder,chicken and dumplings,chili,potroast,pork roast with mashed potatoes and gravy.....I could go on!For dessert,I would have to say a good cheesecake.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Chai tea with some milk
Yes, chai tea is a big favourite of mine. A mug of chai with a dollop of honey in it always cheers me up.

Soup is a good comfort food too. Homemade spinach or pumpkin soups are great on a cold day.