Question of the Day 01/06/16

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good Morning TCS! :wavey:

:clap:Happy New Year 2016 to everyone! :clap:

The Question of today is:

Did you consider at least one Resolution for this new year? would you like to talk about this with us? :nod:

Happy Wednesday my friends! :clap: the first of the new year! :clap:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Answering my self and sharing with all of you, My Resolution for this year is:

Start to practice YOGA! :nod:

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't really have one. I never stick to them so why bother? I went vegan on the first but it was a lifestyle change and not really a new year thing. I'd like to start yoga too but that won't be a resolution thing either. 

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Nope.  Didn't do resolutions this year.  Doing something new instead, an idea I found on FB (see, they are good for something besides finding out your kid is in Scotland before he tells you).  I have a big glass jar.  Every day I've been, and will continue to, putting a slip of paper in each day, listing ONE good think that happened that day.  Then, on New Year's Eve, I'm going to take them out and read them all, and remember what a wonderful year I actually had, even tho it might not always feel that way.

However, I do have plans.  Purchase dvds on Beginner's Yoga and Tai Chi, and use them, and, as soon as I make the move to a downstairs apartment, get out and walk every day.  To walk any distance, I need the big walker with the seat, and it's just too heavy to lug up and down stairs.  My walking goal is to be able to make the half mile trip to the grocery store by the end of the summer, and that is totally dependent on the downstairs unit.  Not a resolution, just a plan. 

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't really make New Year's resolutions anymore.  Seems like yoga is popular this year.  I never did yoga but I used to do Tai Chi.  I took kung fu for a number of years and the school that I went to required Tai Chi after a certain point to advance.  I liked it.  It is very calming, very much a moving meditation which as I understand it is also the idea with yoga.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Mine is to find a boyfriend.. or at least friends to hang out with.
I need to do that too, but I just don't have the energy, especially now! 

I usually don't make them, but I did start doing something on Christmas eve morning, that I have continued to do every day. I found a little recipe for a "detox, or cleanse" drink  on Pinterest, by a dietitian. 

It's just the mug of warm water, w/ juice of half a lemon in it, & a tsp, or 2 of apple cider vinegar (I can only do one) & I add some honey as well to soften it a little. It's really not bad. You drink it first thing, on an empty stomach. I usually only had one cup of coffee in the morning, while I get ready, (because of high blood pressure), but did not get a headache from not drinking it every day. I have still had one cup on a weekend morning, but after that drink.   I was just feeling like I needed to do something. I was breaking out, etc... (& at 46 is SO annoying to still do, even just the hormonal ones!) 

I figured it was something easy enough to actually keep up, & would be good for me. "So far, so good!" 
  I plan on keeping it up!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
No.. I do not Do resolutions... really never have and do not think I ever will....

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't do resolutions either, but I have used the new year as the extra kick up the backside I needed to get my yoga practice going again :D

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a late entry here!

i set goals and make plans to achieve them; i don't make New Year's resolutions. since i always have goals i'm working towards, i'd say that this would be the closest i'll get to a resolution. 

for me, i'll be paying off the last of the new lawn tractor and snow blower attachment in april.  and then i'll be starting my saving towards my next goal, which will be 6-8 years before i've got that one completed.

Last edited: