Question For Those Who Have Computer Tablets?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Like a Sims card?
Not exactly. See my post #40, just above yours. (we are posting at the same time, right now, so you may have missed it.)
Sim cards are used in cell phones, to store 'cell phone data', phone number, carrier, id numbers, passwords, etc.

Sim cards are very similar in shape, to 'micro-sd cards'.

It is the same kind of principle, though, but just a different design...and use. Sim cards are necessary for cell phone use, while sd cards are not.
Subscriber identity module - Wikipedia

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can't add memory or storage to an Apple product. You can buy more cloud space, or use an external storage device, but that's not the same. I know that's one thing that turns a lot of people away from Apple.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes and I'm very iffy about cloud storage. I'd rather keep personal information on my own devices rather than floating around where it could potentially be stolen.

I'm not saying it happens on a regular basis but it does happen. I'm just paranoid about identity theft I guess.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On my way home from the chiropractor this evening I stopped by CostCo for some pistachios, and as long as I was there anyway I thought I'd check out the Galaxy Tab A. There is currently a sale on. The manufacturer is giving a $50.00 instant rebate, which is taken at checkout, so they're going for $239.99. To further sweeten the deal, they're including a 32 gig Micro SD card. (Just to be clear, that $239.99 is after the instant rebate, not before.) Here it is on their website: Costco Wholesale

As for the SD card, it did not say what the brand is, or the speed. Best Buy was having a sale this week and I bought 2 Class 10 32 gig SanDisk Micro SD cards for ~$20 each. Class 10 is the fastest available, and SanDisk is an extremely good company. I mention this merely to give you a comparison (and $20 each was much cheaper than I expected to find when I went looking).

The instant rebate at CostCo is good through the 22nd of April, which is to say tomorrow.

Margret

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, yeah, I think that might be what I paid. And it did come with a 32 gig card, I'll go look at the brand. . .yep, it's a SanDisk micro SD card. It has a little 10 in a circle on it, whatever that means :crazy:. Non-members can order from costco.com for 5% extra, which could still be cheaper than anywhere else (considering the SD card worth $20).

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just now, while hopefully looking for FITALY for Android, I ran across a review for a free onscreen keyboard named MessagEase. The reviewer said that it rivals FITALY for speed and ease of use, and you can download a free game to train you in its use. It's also available for PC tablets, iOS, and for Apple Watch. MessagEase - The Smartest Touch Screen keyboard
http://www.exideas.com/ME/index.php
No pretty skins, but it appears to be extremely versatile and easy to use once you're past the learning curve.

Margret

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, yeah, I think that might be what I paid. And it did come with a 32 gig card, I'll go look at the brand. . .yep, it's a SanDisk micro SD card. It has a little 10 in a circle on it, whatever that means :crazy:. Non-members can order from costco.com for 5% extra, which could still be cheaper than anywhere else (considering the SD card worth $20).
That 10 in a circle should mean Class 10, though the ones I bought earlier this week don't have that symbol, so I can't say for sure.

Margret