Question About Potential Pregnancy

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
However much you wish to breed her, it still does not sound like your male cat is ready. You’ll have to wait. Focus on getting a mentor in the meantime.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purrshunn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Alright, ill look into finding a mentor. Where would I get one of those anyways? Is there some on this website?

purrshunn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay, so I guess my question now is, Snickers is a year and 3 months. Hes a persian himalayan, is he to young to start breeding? He used to hump clothes all the time and has stopped since I got the other cats so I'm wondering if it is because of the hormones they release? Any one have any ideas

purrshunn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Didnt see that, my bad! Thank you Sarthur

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
As I told you early in your thread, most males need to fully mature sexually before being ready to breed. For many, this is at least 18 months old. There’s nothing you can do but wait.

Your mentor can also guide you on some of these topics, and share breeding experiences and tips.

purrshunn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all, so as of recently Lulu and Snickers have been fighting alot and I dont know what to do. The other day Snickers had a big gash on his back from her, she ripped out a large chunk of fur and scratched his skin. He had a little bit of blood but I cleaned it up with neosporin and some antibiotic cream. It's fine now, but I'm just worried about the two of them constantly going at it. She has a cage she can go to when shes bad and I've been seperating them when they fight but I honestly dont know what to do. The original plan was to breed the two of them but it doesnt seem like thats a viable option right now. Im contemplating selling her to someone at this point because this is not what I expected. Does anyone have any ideas? I've since reinstalled the Feliway in the walls, one in the living room and the other in the bathroom.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree that it is not working. Selling her is a good idea. Poor Snickers!

purrshunn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah its kinda weird though, he goes after her usually because I guess she enters his territory. Hes very territorial of his food and litter box...even though there is 3 litter boxes and 2 dishes of food and water. Does anyone have suggestions? I dont want to sell her but at this point its been over a month..

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, a month is not long enough. It takes many months, even a year, to integrate a new cat into an existing household. You are expecting too much too soon. It just does not work that way!

Have you researched any of our articles on how to introduce cats? It would be helpful if you did.

Here’s a good one:

How To Fix An Unsuccessful Cat Introduction

purrshunn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah I actually did alot of research before getting Lulu in hopes to make the introduction streamlined but it just didnt go well. Originally Snickers was alone in the house for a long time, about a year or so until we even decided to get other cats. I've actually read that article, its helpful so I was thinking of seperating them again and just trying it all over again. If I sold her I would want to get another female, maybe alittle younger and just slowly introduce her.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No harm in starting over with Lulu, just be sure to really take the time needed. Good luck!

purrshunn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all, its been a while since I posted on here. So I've tried to seperate the cats in different rooms and then slowly reintroduce them and its sort of worked but now Snickers, the male cat is humping all kinds of things like my shirts and sweatshirts..So I really dont know what to do. Lulu is most likely in heat right now because shes been meowing like crazy and rolling around so I put them in this breeding cage I made over night and I have no idea what happened while I slept but lets hope he mounted her. I'm just wondering why hes humping clothes when he could hump her...Does anyone have thoughts? Hes a year and 4 months now.