Question About Missing Cat

CandraJ

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
  1. I have a young male cat he's a year now, I usually let him outside every morning when I get up. Anyway I let him out one morning I haven't seen him since it will be 2 months the 14th of this month. He's a year not fixed, my question is; is it possible for a young male cat to go missing dearing spring and summer, then return home in the fall?
    Has anyone gone through this before I'm worried sick about him. I've put up missng cat flayers you name it.
    Thanks for lessening

Attached Files:

• a" style="margin: 0px; padding: 10px 10px 0px; overflow: hidden; zoom: 1; border-radius: 0px; background: none 50% 0% repeat-x rgb(245, 245, 245);">

• FB_IMG_1491610688437.jpg
      File size:
      72.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: 8 minutes ago
    + QuoteReply

JoyceB

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi CandraJ, I don`t know the answer for your question but I just want to chat with you as my male cat is also missing since the 24/3/17. Its 1 month & 2 weeks now. I missed him so much. I`ve done everything I can. I`ve put up flyers everywhere people tear them down, I don`t know why. Last night I went to door knocking again to some few houses but no signs of him. All the time people keep telling me that I will not get him back I refused to believe that, I kept thinking one day he will return to me but now as the amount of time is running I think I will never see him again.

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is possible. May not be probable, though. If he isn't fixed, he is out there looking for lady cats with which to breed. He may also have been in a couple of fights over them or food or territory.

Too may dangers out there for kitties. Have you called his name at night? When it is quiet, sit outside and call him. He may still be close enough to hear you. You could also try putting his litter box outside. Even with fresh litter, he will smell it and it may lure him back home.

If he does return, please have him neutered and keep him inside. Safer for him - less worry for you!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:yeah: Don't give up. He could just be tomcatting around, but for his sake, and for the sake of unwanted and often dumped kittens, NEUTER THAT CAT!