question about kitten health

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was kind of strongarmed into taking three 4-week old kittens into foster. They are doing pretty well ... don't normally take in kittens.. .I don't have time or the room but these guys were in danger.

Anyhow, they are eating fine, going potty (lots) but I would like to know how young or at what age can you worm a kitten? Also - can you give a kit this young a little bit of lysine to start boosting immunity?

Thanks!

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Anyhow, they are eating fine, going potty (lots) but I would like to know how young or at what age can you worm a kitten?!
It depends on what type of worming medication you want to use. It also depends on the worms in question. I would say speak to a licensed veterinarian you trust. Since I am only a vet tech, hence can not give medical advice.

Originally Posted by AddieBee

Also - can you give a kit this young a little bit of lysine to start boosting immunity?!
Personally, I would wait until six to eight weeks. But I do not see why you could not use it. I would only wait because of wanting them to develop the best immune system naturally, if possible.