Question about cat grooming.

Scratchy22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys my cat doesnt groom his behind properly after using the litter box and he jumps on the bed to cuddle. I find this abit un-hygenic and was wondering if you have any tips to help my cat groom himself better. He is long haired, neuted, 5.5 kilos( the vet says hes normal weight) and was found as a stray kitten at a very young age.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. How old is he? If he is older (and, that can happen earlier in some cats than others) he could be experiencing some arthritis, which makes many cats reluctant (or unable) to reach their back ends for a proper cleaning. Feeby (15+ yo) isn't the best at cleaning her back half, so I help her with what I call 'booty duty'. I use unscented, hypoallergenic wipes to clean 'back there'.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Scratchy22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is one and a half years old at max

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Hey guys my cat doesnt groom his behind properly after using the litter box and he jumps on the bed to cuddle. He is long haired,
Since he is long haired you could ask a professional groomer to give him a sanitary shave. That would help alleviate the problem with the area near his behind.