Query Of Fip

Ghunter1089

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 9 month old kitten has had a fever of 104 for the last two weeks. Her albumin/globulin ratio is 0.4. She has been very sleepy and not herself. Her appetite has remained fine and no vomiting or diarrhoea. She responded positively to antibiotics but when course finished she seened unwell again. On second course of antibiotics now and she is back to being playful and purry. Vets have suggested testing for FIP because of the fever, lethargy and anaemia. I'm absolutely heartbroken at the thought of the possibility of her having FIP. Any advice or experiences or thoughts are welcome!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I wish I could help, but my cat Tawny had wet FIP (accumulation in the abdominal area of fluids). I am guessing your baby would have the dry version? I don't know how your vet proposes to test for FIP - there is no conclusive test that I know of. When there are fluids involved, they can test the fluids to look for certain properties that "suggest" FIP.

Have you looked up on the internet about dry FIP? Are you familiar with FIP at all? I can help you with that, if you want.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ghunter1089

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They are sending a serum sample off tomorrow to test for antibodies to coronavirus/fip. She seems now like she has a cold, sneezing and sounds a bit congested. Vet has said she is anaemic and not making red blood cells.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Testing for corona virus is not the same as testing for FIP. There are so many cats that will test positive for corona virus, but that does NOT mean they will automatically have/develop FIP. Please read up on it if you haven't already. I am giving you a few links about it. And, again don't hesitate to ask ALL the questions you want. This DOESN'T have to be FIP.

Cat FIP (Feline Infectious Peritonitis): Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments
PetCoach - Ask a Vet Online for Free, 24/7
FIP: Feline Infectious Peritonitis in Cats
Coronavirus in Cats | petMD

Last edited:

Ghunter1089

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My vet says the blood results have suggested parovirus, although she isn't showing any of the clinical signs e.g. vomiting or diarrhoea. Her total blood count is low, low white and red blood cells. He has recommended steroids which i have to collect tomorrow. I can't stop crying. 6 short months I've had her. So many tests to rule things out and just feels like the options are running out of what it could be. Sorry for being so negative, just scared :(

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hang in there, drink some chamomile tea or obtain some holy basil., It helps for times like this.
Stay strong for your baby, she's not understanding your unhappy emotions
:vibes::crossfingers:

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Parvovirus is different from FIP. Ask about antibiotics specifically for that. I know that you are inundated with information, but you need to be educated about what you are dealing with. Given that new information, please see if this article can be of more help than the ones I previously offered.

Parvovirus in Cats

God speed and please keep us posted.

Ghunter1089

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My vet doesn't think it's parovirus because she isn't vomiting or experincing diarrhoea. Her red and white blood cells have decreased since her last blood test (2 weeks ago), and we're low to start with. I don't want to be put in a situation where i have to decide whether to have her put to sleep, without knowing a definite diagnosis. But then i also don't want her to suffer

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I’m so sorry you’re going through this with your baby. I only have experience with wet FIP, but I know that dry FIP is notoriously hard to diagnose and sometimes other things are misdiagnosed as it. I am hoping it’s not FIP!

In addition to this wonderful site, I also want to recommend the Facebook group FIP Fighters. They are very kind and knowledgeable and you can post bloodwork, etc there to see if they have any insight.

Keep us posted... sending healing thoughts to your girl.

Ghunter1089

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Feline Coronavirus >=10240
I don't understand it but vet said FIP is almost certain.

Beyond devastated :( :(

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

LeoTheBrave

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There are some cat parents out there who are using GS to heal their fur babies. I have been using GS on my kitten Leo for 1 week today and it's amazing how he has come around. All my best to you and your kitten. Keeping fighting little warrior.

Last edited by a moderator:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
To elaborate on L LeoTheBrave 's comments, the Facebook group is - Log into Facebook | Facebook.

It's description: This is a closed group for people with FIP cats that are using GS-441 or GC-376 to treat or are interested in learning more about these treatments. Please understand that by joining, you are agreeing to discuss non-approved yet life-saving treatments for FIP.

It just recently (4/4/2019) changed it's name from FIP Fighters using GS to FIP Warriors using GS, and was created March 19, 2019. It has 246 members at this time.

I found numerous articles about the potential GC376 treatment - 3 of which I included above, but haven't run across articles on the other treatment - GS-441. I will continue to look -but, perhaps L LeoTheBrave can share articles related to it?

LeoTheBrave

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have linked articles below on GS-441524. Pedersen's most recent research was published in February 2019. The study included 30 cats; 25 successfully went into remission (24 remain health to date with 1 cat passing due to unrelated heart issues). Also - here are links to Dr. Pedersen's university website and organization devoted to curing FIP. Both tremendous resources which he keeps updated regularly with treatment guidelines. I should note that Dr. Pedersen has also been very responsive to our emails asking for support on GS use. While he is clear that he does not support black market compounds, he has been very kind and understanding of our desire to heal our cats. Lastly, I included a link to Smokey from ZenbyCat who is one of the first survivors of Dr. Pederson's earlier anti-viral studies and he has been alive for 2 years since treatment. Smokey and his cat parent are also a part of the FIP Warriors Using GS Facebook group. I hope this information is helpful!

FIP Treatment

General Feline Infectious Peritonitis Resources | School of Veterinary Medicine

Zen By Cat | House of Nekko | Home

Attachments