Quarantine baking

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Chocolate Brownie Cookies and Snickerdoodles this morning. Those Brownie cookies are simply decadent, if you like chocolate. Rick said they were a little bit of cookie mixed in the chocolate. Mmmm! (I always underbake my chocolate cookies, just a wee bit....just because.)

SnicksBrownies.jpg

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Chocolate Brownie Cookies and Snickerdoodles this morning. Those Brownie cookies are simply decadent, if you like chocolate. Rick said they were a little bit of cookie mixed in the chocolate. Mmmm! (I always underbake my chocolate cookies, just a wee bit....just because.)

View attachment 354604
If I send you my address, can I have a 'care package'? :flail:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Sweet potato pie anyone? It smells wonderful and doesn't look too bad. Dessert tonight. (That little hole is from when I stuck a knife in to see if it was done. It was.) Supposedly it is to puff up like a souffle, but then it will fall as it starts to cool. I just took it out of the oven.

SPPie.jpg

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The sweet potato pie tastes wonderful, even Rick says it's really good. I think pumpkin pie is a little creamier. I'm thinking of making a pumpkin pie recipe, but subbing sweet potatoes, which is not what I did today. Nonetheless, it's really quite good. I'd make it again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Somebody brought me a basket of strawberries and I made strawberry bars from them. The crust was a little dry but nothing that a little bit of whipped cream couldn't fix. 😀 I'd make them again, but put more butter in the crust mixture next time.

IMG_9503.jpeg

IMG_9507.jpeg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm making lazy enchiladas (microwave burritos with enchilada sauce and cheese on top, baked for 20 minutes). Was bored of plain microwave enchiladas, lol.
Sorry but did you mean to post in a different section? :dunno: I thought enchiladas were a meal for dinner, etc. not Quarantine Baking.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I roasted my first butternut squash from the garden this morning. And then ran it through the food processor. And what was the result? Butternut Squash Yeast Rolls. Boy, they're really good, too; Rick and I just had one and Rick is coming in for his second. Yum.

I have enough squash leftover to do crescent rolls this weekend. I didn't feel like rolling out dough and making crescent rolls this morning. So I did these instead. They're going into the freezer to go with soup and stew in the next few months. I'll take 2 or 3 rolls out of the freezer, wrap them in paper toweling, and then nuke them for 25-30 seconds. Brush the tops of the rolls with just a wee bit of softened butter. (I like to use honey-cinnamon butter) Works beautifully.

ButternutSquashYeastRolls.jpg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I made Slow Cooker Bread today. Here's some pics of the process.

After dough had risen for about 90 minutes, and placed in Crockpot.

IMG_2007.jpg

After "baking" for 2 hours, and internal temperature reaching over 200F, and dough no longer sticky

IMG_2012.jpg

It browns on bottom, but not the top

IMG_2013.jpg

So if you want the top browned, rub a bit of butter on the top, then pop bread under broiler for a few minutes.

IMG_2016.jpg

Then slice and enjoy

IMG_2018.jpg

IMG_2021.jpg

I just put it in the Crockpot, so it spread out and became wider and flatter than if it was pan baked. Websites I've looked at, say you can put the dough in bread pan, and place the pan in the Crockpot, but I haven't tried that yet.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I didn't know where to post this. It's not really quarantine baking, but is an annual thing in the kitchen. I'm posting here. I did get 20 apple dumplings made, but only two pies so far. The second pie, a Caramel Apple Raisin pie, in still in the oven. The apple dumplings are from an old Betty Crocker recipe that I have used forever and a day, with the exception that I add a bit of butter to my dumpling sauce. The pie is just a standard 9-inch apple pie.

My sister picked up a dish of dumplings and Rick and I each had two yesterday. Everything else went into the freezer.

AppleStuff.jpg

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Here are some streusel-topped pies. In the back, a Cranberry-Oatmeal-Apple pie with Raisins. In front of the mixer is a Salted Caramel Apple pie that will be served with a salted caramel sauce. Next to that and in front of the cranberry pie, is an Oatmeal-Raisin Apple with Apple Butter pie. I never made any of these before.....found them in the Pie Academy cookbook that I bought at the apple place. Tomorrow? Applesauce!

AppleStreusel.jpg