Quarantine baking

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
My order from King Arthur arrived, delivered by a FedEx person driving a U-Haul truck. :dunno:

So, two boxes. Odd, I thought. Why wouldn’t my order fit in one box. I opened box one and pulled out three, 3-lb. bags of flour; a one-pound vacuum-sealed “brick” of yeast; a bag of cocoa; and a container of espresso powder. It’s my entire order. So what’s in this other box??

I opened the other box (also addressed to me) and found a complete duplicate of my order! I now have 18 pounds of flour, two pounds of yeast, two large bags of cocoa, and two jars of espresso powder. :lol:

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bring it on! :thumbsup: That dessert looks too delicious to pass up. Are there a lot of ingredients?
I didn't think it had too many.
Ingredients:
2 boxes brownie mix, plus ingredients called for on box
cream cheese
powdered sugar
vanilla extract
salt
chocolate chips
heavy cream
chocolate shavings

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
Throw your flour and your yeast in the freezer; it will keep forever.
I posted on my neighborhood listserv and donated the extra stuff to folks in the area who were running out and can’t go out as easily as I can. (And besides, my freezer is full of homemade cat food! :lol: )

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Lola3791 Lola3791 I can't thank you enough. :worship: Good friends who lives in our neighborhood absolutely loves chocolate desserts. Whenever we are invited to their house for dinner I try to bake something with chocolate in it.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
Lola3791 Lola3791 I can't thank you enough. :worship: Good friends who lives in our neighborhood absolutely loves chocolate desserts. Whenever we are invited to their house for dinner I try to bake something with chocolate in it.
You might try these brownies as well, neely neely . They’re fast and easy, and they’re thin enough that you could actually layer them after they’re baked. I’ve considered doing that and putting salted caramel or cream cheese frosting in between.
Quick and Easy Fudge Brownies

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Use this version with a cup of bran cereal and a cup of milk. These are great muffins, just slightly sweet and very moist.

Applesauce Bran Muffins
* 1 cup wheat bran cereal
* 1 cup Milk
* 1 1/2 cups Flour
* 1 tsp Baking soda
* 1 tsp Baking powder
* 1/2 cup Raisens
* 3/4 cup applesauce
* 1/4 cup Molasses
* 1/4 cup brown sugar
* 2 Tbsp Oil
* 2 Eggs beaten

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper baking cups.
2. Combine milk and bran cereal and let sit for 5 minutes
3. In large bowl combine flour, baking soda and baking powder. Stir in raisins.
4. In a separate bowl, combine applesauce, molasses, brown sugar, oil, milk/bran cereal mixture and eggs. Add to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.

These freeze really well. Microwave frozen muffins for 20-25 seconds to thaw.

Last edited by a moderator:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The best blueberry muffins IMO are Jordan Marsh's blueberry muffins :yummy: (right, artiemom artiemom ?) Have you ever had one Winchester Winchester ?

When it cools down, I want to make brownie bites and zucchini bread. All for me since you can't share home baked goods with others now.