Pyrantel Pamoate dosage for kittens

kittyz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, i have the 50mg/ml bottle of Pyrantel and wondered the correct dosage for 8 week old kittens, all are between 1.5 & 2 lbs each. Thanks!;-)

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Hi, i have the 50mg/ml bottle of Pyrantel and wondered the correct dosage for 8 week old kittens, all are between 1.5 & 2 lbs each. Thanks!;-)
I think you should contact the veterinarian who prescribed this and ask. We don't actually allow dosing information to be dispenses here. It's simply too dangerous. Veterinarians - like doctors and pharmacists - not only know what the dosage should be, they should also be more familiar with common mistakes people make with doing and what the effects may be (which could affect the "Severity" of instructions). 

Do you have a vet you can call and ask? The veterinarian who prescribed the Pyrantel would be your go-to with this. You can even just leave him/her a message and have them get back to you on this. Or maybe they can give you the answer via email.

Let us know what they said. Sharing that information is perfectly ok. It's just giving another member instructions about dosing that's not allowed.