Putting out the call to all kitty lovers

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
great news - typical of cats they like to do things in their own time ! x

Isn't that the truth- after getting everyone in the neighborhood worked up! Seriously, I hardly ever saw a neighbor before this but I certainly got to meet them this week.

Thank you for your interest in the plight of my little blue eye kitty.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
I just heaved a HUGE sigh of relief! Little rascal. Give him a boop on the nose for me, and tell him, "NO MORE TREES!"

Will do. :)
You know, he's not as interested in the great outdoors as he use to be- six freezing nights on the highest branch of the tallest tree in the neighborhood tends have that affect on a kitty. Somehow I don't thing we're going to have any more trouble from him.

CassieAndCooper

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh my god, how scary! I'm so sorry you and your little guy are going through that. What about animal control? I'd think that might be something they'd handle. Obviously they're more involved in helping wild animals and strays, but doesn't hurt to ask. I can't believe the fire department wouldn't help!!

CassieAndCooper

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh my god, how scary! I'm so sorry you and your little guy are going through that. What about animal control? I'd think that might be something they'd handle. Obviously they're more involved in helping wild animals and strays, but doesn't hurt to ask. I can't believe the fire department wouldn't help!!
Oh damn, ignore me. I just saw that he's okay now. So glad!

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise

I am disgusted with the fire department. I live in a very small town so thankfully the fire department is rarely called to put out a fire.That combined with the fact that kitten was up there for six nights should have given them a reason to drop their strict policies of not rescuing cats from a tree. And animal control? Trying to find the fast food restaurant he's shacked up in at the moment you need him is always a challenge. We got some real winners in my town.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
How is your little Viking now? He probably had dehydration as well as malnutrition. Since his "adventure" is far too common, there will be many others looking at this thread who will benefit from knowing what after care you tried & what the results were.

That is what worried me the most, catsknowme catsknowme , the dehydration- way more than the lack of food. I am glad that he is a young cat and not an older one with health issues. I hope this thread not only educates people, but comforts them as well. I know it comforted me. :)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is that the same little flame point I knew about? They tend to think they can own the world and mostly, they do, just not this time! Blue eyed beauty!! How is he now? Did he gobble food and water at first or did it take time to calm him enough to eat? I was so delighted at how others there responded. The world can be a very caring place when you locate those who have compassion. This was a very good bonding experience for you with those humans. I am hoping that will change a few things in the future there. A support system. Maybe you could do a few cat greeting cards to hand out with pictures of the ferals to those who showed concern. Ask for helpers? Could lead to something!! ;) What is kitty’s name?

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never thought I would be writing this post.

One of my cats, a ten month old male kitten got out of my house four days ago and got stuck in one of my trees. Yesterday, a neighbor of mine came by with a thirty foot ladder to try to rescue him. Unfortunately that very kind and caring act only made the kitty go up higher. He is now on the very top branch. This will be his 5th night up there. I have tried coaching him with pouring food into a dish, shaking a food bag and popping off the lids of cans that contain wet food. Nothing has worked and he is meowing his little head off. It has been in the teens at night here.

How long can a cat survive in a tree? I was always been told that if they get hungry or thirsty enough they will come down. I am questioning that philosophy now.

Please, if anyone has any suggestions, I would sure love to hear them.

Thank you
Call the fire dept they will get him out 💕 just read he came down, that is great, I hope he is ok❤

Cherrybug

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not silly at all- who knows what will work in a situation like this? I am ready to try anything. Fortunately little baby came down on his own early this morning. But I was actually wishing that his mother cat was with me so she could actually coax him down, maybe even go up the tree and get him, I have seen one do that when her kitten was caught up on a slide. Thank you, Cherrybug Cherrybug for your thoughtful suggestion, much appreciated.
Oh good. So glad he's safe. 💗