Put down violent Kitty?!

b_a_kitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Kerry,

I posted this in another forum last night and they suggested I repost it here:

My friends and family think I need to let Kitty (3 years old) go to Rainbow Bridge... She is incredibly violent towards ALL people. I am always covered in deep thrashes, cuts and bite wounds. She has been like this since she was a tiny kitten - unprovoked pouncing with claws and teeth out. Is there something I can do?? She has never had a potty accident or anything that would suggest she is sick... I love Kitty - but she is just crazy VIOLENT and it's hard to live with her... I rescued her from a pet store when she was 2 months old. It's always been like this... She can be so sweet and then BOOM, she strikes. Our vet says this is "not normal" behavior. The only suggestion I am given is "you may have to put her down" which is just... no.
I wonder if it's because my apartment is so small?? Does she just need more space?? I am so confused over this... My arm is torn & bleeding as we speak -- which is why I logged in tonight. Any ideas??

Thanks in advance,
Blair

mooncat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hang in there! I'm dealing with a freaky kitty too and I'm getting a feliway plug in tonight. I hope this works. I love my Bridget and I know no one would put up with her. She's loving most of the time, but she's a fussy girl with a set of ginzu knives for claws. Have you tried Homeopet Anxiety? It's what they give show cats to chill them out. It's all natural. It didn't help Bridget, but then again, she's always had a tude when she wants. Maybe it would help you out.

Good luck!
Jennifer

Originally Posted by b_a_kitty

Hi Kerry,

My friends and family think I need to let Kitty (3 years old) go to Rainbow Bridge... She is incredibly violent towards ALL people. I am always covered in deep thrashes, cuts and bite wounds. She has been like this since she was a tiny kitten - unprovoked pouncing with claws and teeth out. Is there something I can do?? She has never had a potty accident or anything that would suggest she is sick... I love Kitty - but she is just crazy VIOLENT and it's hard to live with her... I rescued her from a pet store when she was 2 months old. It's always been like this... She can be so sweet and then BOOM, she strikes. Our vet says this is "not normal" behavior. The only suggestion I am given is "you may have to put her down" which is just... no.
I wonder if it's because my apartment is so small?? Does she just need more space?? I am so confused over this... My arm is torn & bleeding as we speak -- which is why I logged in tonight. Any ideas??

Thanks in advance,
Blair

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
last resort I would ask the vet about meds to calm her, maybe an anxiety thing? kitty prozac? I want to say white cat lover, she had a kitty that ended up on meds and is very happy with the results. My cat nuit is still "violent" sometimes but has gotten better enough that i decided she would be ok with out. I've tried a few herbal remedies that helped with the edge. just a thought, not something I would have ever considered until we got got Nuit. the picture in my signature of her was right as she was about to go after me just for getting moderatly close!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh, I understand your misery... is she your only cat? Sometimes they need a companion, but this does sound like more. Please do try meds and Feliway and everything else before you give up. And bless you for handling this for three years already! You're a great kittymom for that.

catpsych

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohmigosh, you need a cat behaviorist seriously!!! I would absolutely love to take you in as a consultation (because in a situation like this, that is exactly what you need, some one on one with an expert in cat behavior ASAP), however I'm totally booked right now. I do however suggest you try contacting another feline behaviorist, her name is Mieshelle Nagelschneider and you can get in touch with her by visiting http://www.purrtopia.com/ I have gotten good reviews on her, so give her a try, I believe she will be able to help you. I wish you the best!

Takr care,
Kerry

Originally Posted by b_a_kitty

Hi Kerry,

Thanks in advance,
Blair

jes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Poor cat I would say there people out there that would be able to help you with kitty. I would not know my self.:You are very good to him/she it must be hard. Just want to wish you luck and hope you kitty be able to relax more.

:whitecat