Purring Machine?

faeleen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My 3 month old kitten (as of today!) has a very loud purr. However, she never stops purring. She purrs when she plays toys, eats, sleeps, see's my other cats, see's anyone, if anyone looks at her, when we touch her- it's none stop. I know there's nothing wrong with it, but was wondering if anyone experienced this with there cat? Do you think it will be the same when she's grown or is it only a kitten thing? I know it's a silly topic, but having 2 other cats, I still am baffled by the fact that it never stops.

lilina

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yep. My 3 month old does the same. Purring is the way to go. He even purrs when he decides that biting my nose is the best thing to do. But playing, sleeping, eating (especially eating) and trying to wake me up is all done while purring. He does seem to keep his purrs only for me and my other half, he's not that keen on all of our guests.

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have an adult tortie who is the same way.  You are just lucky to have a very happy kitty.  This tortie is not one I raised.  She was left at my gate in a box with her two babies over a year ago.  She is the purriest cat I have ever met.  It sounds like you have a wonderful kitten who will probably be just as wonderful when she grows up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

faeleen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks! She very fearless and happy- she's really brought my 3 yr. old cat, Nyx (who we adopted as a feral) out of her shell too. I got really lucky there is such a good balance between everyone :)

Her and Nyx-

Last edited:

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you have a very happy kitten!  In other circumstances, purring is also a comfort action for the cat, much like thumb sucking for humans babies.