Feedback Purraises?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
To change your signature you can tap/hover over your profile icon with your username in the red bar at the top of the screen. The option for Signature comes up on the menu you will see come up there.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the Purraise thing might have to do with whether the Purraise count from the old site transferred over as "unique" Purraise, or not.
purraise

I'm not sure, though.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
In giving purraise to Primula Primula for her comment in this thread, I notice that I no longer have the option to include a comment with the purraise.

Margret
I miss that as well and would like to add it to the wishlist! Being able to personalize purraise is a very nice feature.

Never mind. I see it's not an option.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually liked that the Purraise count was known only to Mods/Admins/etc and the person involved. The whole social media-driven 'Likes' and such seems like such a personality contest -- it was nicer to Purraise posts more for their content and message value, without other motivations. Now we might all fall into the "abyss" of Purraising for other reasons than content. lol. But that's just me! (I am not a member of Facebook or Twitter out of choice)

HellaSteph

Unicorn Seeker
Super Cat
Purraise
Another question about purraises...will we be able to leave a short comment with our purraise in the future? I really miss that feature.
That's a great question! We will certainly look into how we can get that feature again. Please allow us to make sure this migration goes smoothly and to help as many TCS users enjoy (and love) their new home. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I actually liked that the Purraise count was known only to Mods/Admins/etc and the person involved. The whole social media-driven 'Likes' and such seems like such a personality contest -- it was nicer to Purraise posts more for their content and message value, without other motivations. Now we might all fall into the "abyss" of Purraising for other reasons than content. lol. But that's just me! (I am not a member of Facebook or Twitter out of choice)
Another question about purraises...will we be able to leave a short comment with our purraise in the future? I really miss that feature.

I know you said that you'd look into being able to leave short comments with purraise in the future and I just wanted to say yes! yes! yes! That was one of my favorite parts of the platform - short notes to each other really builds the sense of community.

And please put me down as someone who votes for keeping our Purraise counts private. The whole reason they were kept private before was to avoid popularity contests - what has changed?