Purpose Pet Food: Freeze Dried Chicken

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
L lisamarie12 going off to this thread topic but:thanks: THANK YOU! Whole life Turkey worked just fine as S&C chick chick, and I feel much safer not giving her too much bone! I liked it because it does not feel oily like PureBite (not always, but sometimes as you said), crumbled super easy!
I'm glad the Whole Life turkey breast toppers are working out! My cats never get tired of them. I order the dog version of WL turkey on Chewy, same as the cat product although a bigger bag and cheaper than the small bags for cats.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am bringing this thread back to life because I just saw that Chewy now sells Purpose! I was checking their selection because now that Edwina cannot eat EZ (the mussels seem to be a barf inducer) and Ireland isn't especially keen on it right now, just sort of meh, I don't want to make the stuff anymore.

So... since Ireland seems to need relatively low (or no) bone and this is 5%, I wanted to ask you, L lisamarie12 , how your cats did/do on Purpose. Does their life still have Purpose? (Sorry, it's that kind of Sunday!) It seems like very decent food.

Thank you!

Telstar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's a good question. It depends on the brand but in addition to some salt, there's often a bit of sugar plus some form of celery to replace the nitrates.

I know the amounts are small but beyond those things I'd rather not give the cats, I don't want any of us to get into a bacon habit! ;)
They sell pork fat here, it is used in some regions to cook some salty breads. I used once to enrich fat content of chicken breast and my cat liked it (way more than oil).

Yes, bacon is not healty, but once in a while... :D

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am bringing this thread back to life because I just saw that Chewy now sells Purpose! I was checking their selection because now that Edwina cannot eat EZ (the mussels seem to be a barf inducer) and Ireland isn't especially keen on it right now, just sort of meh, I don't want to make the stuff anymore.

So... since Ireland seems to need relatively low (or no) bone and this is 5%, I wanted to ask you, L lisamarie12 , how your cats did/do on Purpose. Does their life still have Purpose? (Sorry, it's that kind of Sunday!) It seems like very decent food.

Thank you!
Hi, sorry for the late reply, just seeing this several days later.

Purpose is working out very well for Molly, she loves it! Mikey likes it too, however, Purpose is mostly for Molly.

She just had blood work less than a week ago and all kidney values are within normal range. Purpose is usually one of four meals for her - I'm feeding her (and Mikey) mostly low phos Weruva.

Highly recommend Purpose, if she doesn't get a full, reconstituted meal from Purpose, then I'll add a few pieces to her wet food.

I hope it works out for Ireland and Edwina! :)

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, sorry for the late reply, just seeing this several days later.

Purpose is working out very well for Molly, she loves it! Mikey likes it too, however, Purpose is mostly for Molly.

She just had blood work less than a week ago and all kidney values are within normal range. Purpose is usually one of four meals for her - I'm feeding her (and Mikey) mostly low phos Weruva.

Highly recommend Purpose, if she doesn't get a full, reconstituted meal from Purpose, then I'll add a few pieces to her wet food.

I hope it works out for Ireland and Edwina! :)
Thank you! I'm glad to hear Purpose is working for Molly. I may buy a bag of it to try out, if only for occasional low-bone variety meals. I'm hoping I can get away with feeding two Alnutrin meals a day if I make one with extra egg yolk, the other without!

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I'm glad to hear Purpose is working for Molly. I may buy a bag of it to try out, if only for occasional low-bone variety meals. I'm hoping I can get away with feeding two Alnutrin meals a day if I make one with extra egg yolk, the other without!
Great! Let me know if the fd food works out. :)

CHIKITTIES

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I emailed about their rabbit food and received following answer, thought adding here for other people's reference;

🐰 Average bone is around 10%. Calcium 2.5% phosphorus 1.4%

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I emailed about their rabbit food and received following answer, thought adding here for other people's reference;

🐰 Average bone is around 10%. Calcium 2.5% phosphorus 1.4%
Oh, that's interesting, thank you for posting, CHIKITTIES CHIKITTIES ! Our cats just love Purpose chicken food and I've been thinking of trying others. (I owe you a note for so so so long, I'm sorry!)

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our cats just love Purpose chicken food and I've been thinking of trying others.
Molly really likes the duck, pricey but she gobbles it up. :)