Purina ONE vs. Science Diet

kmho8

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have tried the "better" all-natural, holistic brands. My cat did worse! She switched over with no problem. It was 4-6 months later she began vomiting - something in the year I had owned her, she had never done. First a couple times a month. By 6-9montgs on Halo, it was weekly. I also noticed a new fearfulness. She went outside less and less. She seemed more nervous in general. By 10 months+ her vomiting increased to daily and she had full blown paranoia. She behaved as though a giant anaconda was outside and inside! Not like her at all!!!! Finally I thought of switching back to inferior food of Science Diet - not gradual - but immediate!! NO vomiting!!! A cold turkey switch and she stopped vomiting immediate! The paranoia and anxiety decreased 50% within the 1st month. It took a whole year for her anxiety to go away. I may disagree with the ingredients, but they work best for my cat!!! I'll never try a fancy all natural ever again!!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Never heard of food giving a cat paranoia like that before. How interesting...couldn't possibly be something outside that did actually scare her?
As for Science diet, lots of people use it for their pets for the convenience of it.