Purina One Vs Purina Proplan Urinary Kibble

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Whats the differance between purina one and proplan urinary kibble?

Urinary Tract Health Formula Cat Food | Purina ONE®

Urinary Tract Health Formula - Dry Cat Food - FOCUS - Purina® Pro Plan® | Purina® Pro Plan®

My boy was taken off Royal Canin Urinary so a little over a month ago and was eating Blue Buffalo Sensitive Stomach for 30 days until someone said it causes uti fast..

For the last 8 days I put him on Purina One Urinary and yesterday he hissed, today he hissed and it was due to litterbox issues. Second time he finally urinated a lot.. I put him back on Royal Canin Urinary So...

Im at a loss as if this occured from being on blue buffalo for a month and if the week on the purina one was not enough...

I ordered the proPlan but was wondering if it was more potent then the regular version for urine probs

Rosepud

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't believe that proPlan is formulated for a urinary diet, apparently it just really needs to elevate their pH to prevent crystal formation. Also wet food and more water intake is the most helpful if he's not already on it for preventing urinary problems.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There is a Purina Pro for urinary care - I have not used it. It seems, after all the threads on here and the reading I have done, there is no one urinary care that works for all. I use both RC SO and Hill's C/D for Feeby (in both canned and dry).
There is also one called Wysong Uretic, not sure if it also offered in canned. I have not used it either.

I do think that water/moisture/hydration is a big factor. But, tbh, Feeby had stones SO bad that she had to have bladder surgery 9 years ago. She was put on the above urinary care foods, and thankfully to this day, she is stone free.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat peed this morning but he just woke up and jumped down from his cat tree and started hissing and growling and went into the closet...

Normally they do this in the litterbox, ove never seen this begavior before whats going on?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Could be something scared him like a bad dream or he is not feeling well. If it continues he needs to see a vet