Purfect Post Cat Scrathers/towers? Like?

allisa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm close to purchasing one of the more expensive tower/beds. Does anyone have these? Do you like them? They are designed by a vet in "Sequoia National Forest in Three Rivers, CA" & made there by local workers. I wanted to check here before I go ahead because it's quite pricey. I'll go ahead and check the review area too but wanted to ask anyone active on here at the moment. Thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

allisa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I did find one thread from a few years ago & it sounds postive so I'll probably go ahead and get it. But if anyone does have experience with them I'd still like to know it you are happy with them. My little guy is mainly indoor and I really need to get him more stuff to climb and claw. (And lounge in of course :wink:)

kttn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
we have the purrfect post mondo deluxe and it is amazing! she uses it multiple times a day, every day, and it has held up wonderfully. she loves to stretch really tall on it and hug the front. it's a really solidly built piece of furniture and it looks nice too. you'll be very happy with it.

also the 16" k&h heated thermo catbed fits perfectly into the bowl :) here's a pic

also if you're looking for more things for him to climb, look into the 'new cat condos' brand on wayfair. they're real wood, come fully assembled, and have held up perfectly. they have a small footprint too. here's one of the ones we have: 72" Premier Solid Wood Cat Tree

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

allisa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh wow! That's excellent to hear, thank you so much! It does look amazingly sturdy in your picture. And I must say your cat looks gorgeous sitting there. :wink: This is the one I'm thinking of. It's basically the mondo but with a slightly bigger bed and a little step thing. bigbedview_everest_lw_cap_reg__06623.1486368417.1280.1280.jpg Sorry I don't know how to make this picture smaller. And the one on Wayfair, he would love that! I already know where I would put it so I'll definitely be looking at that & have bookmarked it. I'm going to go ahead & get this. I feel stupidly excited! He'll be so happy! Thanks again, seeing your kitty so content & sweet there along with your positive comments were all I needed. :p

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello A allisa , whichever cat tree you get, make sure it has a broad and sturdy base. Reason being is if your kitty jumps and bounce off the cat tree from the middle or top post, the cat tree have less chance of tumbling over.

I experienced this with the old cat tree me boy had. Once he runs and jumps up and shoot off from the top, the whole cat tree went off balance and almost topple over. It may hurt someone or break something or hurt your kitty if it topple.
So now I got him a new cart tree with a broader base.

If money is no issue, get it customized to your liking or there may be some nice big expensive ones around :tongue: