Purevax rabies vaccine

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just an FYI - in 2017 Merial was bought out by Boehringer Ingelheim which will continue to make the Purevax rabies (both 1 year and 3 year) and other vaccinations for pets. There is probably some lingering supply of Merial Purevax in the world but that will dwindle as they get used up or expire. You may see BI Purevax listed on your pet's rabies vaccination certificate. My cats got Merial last year but today got the BI Purevax.

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank for the link!

I actually never paid attention to the vaccine manufacturer, but am sure other people know more than I do about Merial.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The Purevax vaccines will still be made the same way. The vaccine vial label and any note on a rabies certificate will say Boehringer Ingelheim instead of Merial. There is no other company that makes the Purevax adjuvant-free vaccine.

There is a company that makes an adjuvant containing rabies vaccine, Merk's Nobivac vaccine.

I found this comparison of the rabies vaccines available in the US helpful: https://rabiesaware.org/vaccines.php It's from 2016 so Merial is still listed.