Purebred Snowshoe?

Maxswell

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,

not that I really care about status but I am curious as to whether anyone thinks this cat appears to be a purebred Snowshoe. He is just stunningly beautiful. Attaching photos.
Personality wise he is smart, very good with other pets, not a fan of being held but loves to snuggle on lap or sleep directly on my body for hours. Very vocal

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, he's beautiful! :redheartpump: I would describe your cat as a seal point and white domestic shorthair. He sounds like a great cat!

It's extremely unlikely that he would belong to the Snowshoe breed, since this breed is practically non-existent at this time. However, there are lots of seal point and white "Snowshoe lookalikes" in the general population that are just as pretty! Genetically, seal point and white is almost the same as a black and white "tuxedo cat," but with the addition of two copies of the recessive gene for colorpoint. Because the colorpoint gene is widespread in the domestic cat gene pool, pointed cats can pop up in a litter with parents of nearly any color... the color itself doesn't indicate specific breed ancestry.