tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

ailish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A lot of Ailish's food has pumpkin in it, and she eats to right down. I have nothing to compare her to, but digestively she is right on the money (knocking on wood) . Most specifically, she has a hair ball not even once a year, so somehow she is passing the hair the way it is supposed to go. Maybe she is this way naturally, but the pumpkin is certainly not hurting her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of Ailish's food has pumpkin in it, and she eats to right down. I have nothing to compare her to, but digestively she is right on the money (knocking on wood) . Most specifically, she has a hair ball not even once a year, so somehow she is passing the hair the way it is supposed to go. Maybe she is this way naturally, but the pumpkin is certainly not hurting her.
That's the great thing about natural health supports!

abby-anne

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry--I know this post is very old! Was just wondering if regular canned pumpkin is suitable? Trying to clear up some GI issues with my baby.
Thanks!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, plain 100% pumpkin puree is fine to use. Libby's is one popular brand name in the US. Store generic brand will also work but double check the ingredients for any added stuff your cat doesn't need.

Portion out the can and freeze what you won't use up within a few days.

Pet stores sell pumpkin puree products but a small pouch costs about the same if not more than a can of puree you can buy at the supermarket or even a dollar store.

abby-anne

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, plain 100% pumpkin puree is fine to use. Libby's is one popular brand name in the US. Store generic brand will also work but double check the ingredients for any added stuff your cat doesn't need.

Portion out the can and freeze what you won't use up within a few days.

Pet stores sell pumpkin puree products but a small pouch costs about the same if not more than a can of puree you can buy at the supermarket or even a dollar store.
Amazing--thanks! If she isn't keen on the taste, do you know if there is any way that I can trick her into eating it? :lol:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some people mix a little pumpkin into canned food and add toppers if necessary.