PU Surgery Recovery, Photos?

ziggyboii66

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there! My boy Ziggy had the PU surgery done about 3 and a half weeks ago. He has dissolvable stitches that are taking their sweet time dissolving. He’s still in an e collar. We went to the vet today to make sure he was healing properly, and they cleaned the incision site which had a decent amount of black crusting and debris. They said it looked good, but I’m not really sure what I should be looking for as far as the healing process. I’m curious does anyone have a photo they can share with me of their cat’s PU surgery healing process? Any photos welcome. I’m a bit at a loss here and want to make sure I’m doing everything right. Ziggy has been through so much (4 blockages until finally the PU surgery all in less than a month), and he deserves for his cat mom to make sure he’s healing well :) Thank you!!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I don't have photos, --my boy is almost 15 and he had this surgery when he was about two years old when he was with his first family.

What I was thinking of in reading your post was that their vet specifically prescribed adding canned food to his diet, which she did. Has your vet said anything about wet food for your Ziggy?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ziggyboii66

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I don't have photos, --my boy is almost 15 and he had this surgery when he was about two years old when he was with his first family.

What I was thinking of in reading your post was that their vet specifically prescribed adding canned food to his diet, which she did. Has your vet said anything about wet food for your Ziggy?
Ziggy is the only cat I’ve ever had that doesn’t go crazy for wet food! He won’t touch it. He is on a prescription food diet though to help with his urinary troubles.