Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Psychological Monitoring Of Politicians ?

Discussion in 'IMO: In My Opinion' started by JamesCalifornia, Apr 5, 2019.

1. JamesCalifornia

JamesCalifornia Thread Starter TCS Member Top Cat

Apr 1, 2016
    Los Angeles
    ~ I don't think the questions matter as much as knowing there will be more oversight of our government . But here are a few: James Comey - When did you know the Steel Dossier was paid for by the Clinton campaign? When did you know it was fake?
    Robert Mueller - When did you first realize there was no conspiracy between Russia/ Trump ? How did you find out CNN was tipped off about the raid on Roger Stone ?
    There could be many more , but that actually is the job of Congress - and we know what good they do ... ':drool:

NY cat man purraised this.

2. Willowy

Willowy TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    Oh, you mean NOW. I thought the idea was to evaluate them before they went into office. But, sure, continuous monitoring wouldn't be bad either.

Polygraph results aren't allowable in court though.

3. JamesCalifornia

Apr 1, 2016
    Los Angeles
    ~ Yes true - but this is not for criminal proceedings. More like what some employers do periodically with employees.

4. Stinky15

Stinky15 TCS Member Alpha Cat

Jun 9, 2018
    Polygraphs are pretty useless in my experience.

5. NY cat man

NY cat man TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 6, 2018
    All I am looking for is to be able to weed out the venal, the avaricious, those who are after the power over people, instead of those who are looking to serve the people and then go back home. How this could be accomplished, I don't know, but this ruling class we have now, with people holding office for decades wasn't what was intended when the Constitution was adopted. I would refer you to the Federalist Papers, or the debates for background. Warning. This is some heavy reading, but worth it in the end.

6. Stinky15

Jun 9, 2018
    I think mental evaluations and basic government literacy might be in order... Just look at Maxine Waters as an example.
    MAXINE waters is the chair of the Finance committee and has no idea that the government is in charge of student loans.

7. donutte

donutte Professional cat sitter extraordinaire! Top Cat

Apr 22, 2015
    Northern suburbs of Chicago
    Regarding student loans, I guess it depends on context. The hire private contractors to handle the student loans so I guess in a way they are in charge. However, the federal government seems to have zero government oversight over these companies as they all run differently, have different ways of handling deferments, forbearances, etc.

8. Willowy

Willowy TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    As far as I can tell it just means they're backed up by the Fed, like most mortgages. The lenders themselves have different rules and stuff.

It doesn't seem like the loans themselves are usually predatory---interest rates are around 3%---it's just that college costs so darn much that it becomes a real hardship. So I don't know why she'd be yelling at the lenders anyway, but maybe there's some subtleties I don't understand.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 7:09 AM

9. Stinky15

Jun 9, 2018
    You sure about all that?
    https://www.sfgate.com/business/net...r-student-loan-program-from-banks-3193888.php
    The Government Takeover Of Student Lending

10. JamesCalifornia

Apr 1, 2016
    Los Angeles
    ~ "Mad" Madam Maxine just likes to yell at people. It's what she does. It's who she is. '[​IMG]
    A good tax audit for Ms. Waters would be in order.

Stinky15 purraised this.

11. NY cat man

Aug 6, 2018
    No, because the normal rules don't apply to our 'betters' in Washington, don't you know. They can do whatever they want, as recent history has borne out.

Stinky15 and JamesCalifornia purraised this.

12. donutte

donutte Professional cat sitter extraordinaire! Top Cat

Apr 22, 2015
    Northern suburbs of Chicago
    Again, context. Government didn't take over loans already in existence (ie prior to 2010). I do not make payments to the governments for my loans. When I needed forbearance due to hardship, the government played no role in that. They also played no role in all my interest becoming part of the principal as a result. I forget the term for that but they definitely don't explain it very well, nor does the government step in to make sure you understand.

So yes, I'm sure.

13. Kat0121

Kat0121 Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Feb 23, 2014
    Sunny Florida
    They have been doing as they please for a very long time.

14. NY cat man

Aug 6, 2018
    This is true. It just seems that they have become more brazen about it.

15. Kat0121

Kat0121 Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Feb 23, 2014
    Sunny Florida
    I think it's just harder to hide with social media and everything being photographed/videotaped

16. JamesCalifornia

Apr 1, 2016
    Los Angeles
    ~ Yes - as it's called "the duel system of justice". We may see some of this exposed within the FBI/DOJ if William Barr actually does an investigation into campaign surveillance and FISA warrants .
    Stay tuned ... :paranoid:´:hide: