Project MEOW, a Philadelphia cat rescue, needs help!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Skippy after surgery.jpg

This handsome boy is Skippy Bartram, a homeless cat who was trapped in a TNR operation... just in the nick of time. He desperately needed an operation to treat a life-threatening hernia, and Project MEOW, a Philadelphia cat rescue, came to his aid. They cleaned out their coffers to pay for his operation and now are holding a fundraiser to cover it, so they'll be able to jump in and help other cats in need. Sadly, Philadelphia has a lot of homeless cats and the need for Project MEOW's help is never ending.

I know about Project MEOW's important work because my daughter volunteers with them. She is the long-time foster mom of Grandpa, an elderly cat with medical issues that project MEOW rescued. When the pandemic hit and she was furloughed from her job at an animal shelter, she started fundraising for Project MEOW and this is actually her fundraiser. If anyone has any questions, please PM me, and I'll find out the answers! :catman:

An important update: Although it was originally thought that Skippy Bartram was suffering from a congenital problem, his vet recently determined that this sweet boy had been viciously kicked. And he is a sweet boy; non-feral, friendly, affectionate and probably abandoned at a young age. The kind of heartless person who would kick a cat, any cat, let alone one so trusting...well...:censored: and :censored: and also :censored: to such a monster. Fortunately, Skippy Bertram is safe now in a loving foster home and will never have to fend for himself again. There are still so many cats for Project MEOW to help, though, so please consider donating something, anything, no matter how small to Skippy's fundraiser.

Thank you so much!

Margaret
(margd)

Skippy immediately after being rescued.jpg

Skippy right after being rescued

Skippy the night before surgery.JPEG

Skippy the night before surgery​