PROJECT BAY CAT vs. THE ENEMIES

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
The latest chapter in an ongoing battle to protect, or not, these cats. It is a FELONY in the State of California to kill any cat.
Ceasefire halts cat shootings in East Bay Regional Parks––for now | Animals 24-7
While I applaud them for working with rescue groups and more transparency, I hate that they stopped short of banning killings all together.
Also, imo, because these park workers are more than likely employed by the state, they won't hand down a felony to state employees. They'll save it for a regular citizen who gets media attention back on the park board.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While I applaud them for working with rescue groups and more transparency, I hate that they stopped short of banning killings all together.
Also, imo, because these park workers are more than likely employed by the state, they won't hand down a felony to state employees. They'll save it for a regular citizen who gets media attention back on the park board.
I couldn't have said it better, Mr. Meow Mr. Meow and I would have said it in such a way as to be censured, I'm pretty sure.:fuming:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it all goes back to irresponsible humans. If each individual is not part of the solution, we become a part of the problem. We can all participate in some way by writing our officials, making a donation or doing some volunteer work. Opening our eyes is a good start! Species are largely endangered because of loss of habitat, misused land and water, and pollution by humans. Lost or feral cats goes back to irresponsible owners or irresponsible management of strays or ferals due to lack of TNR services or shelter space/funding. Shooting the cats is totally unacceptable. As a person who has worked to protect our environment, I am horrified by the tactics used to avoid the root of our problems. The reality is that we need to take care of the earth and all creatures as being our greatest natural treasure. Every life counts.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it all goes back to irresponsible humans. If each individual is not part of the solution, we become a part of the problem. We can all participate in some way by writing our officials, making a donation or doing some volunteer work. Opening our eyes is a good start! Species are largely endangered because of loss of habitat, misused land and water, and pollution by humans. Lost or feral cats goes back to irresponsible owners or irresponsible management of strays or ferals due to lack of TNR services or shelter space/funding. Shooting the cats is totally unacceptable. As a person who has worked to protect our environment, I am horrified by the tactics used to avoid the root of our problems. The reality is that we need to take care of the earth and all creatures as being our greatest natural treasure. Every life counts.
And since it is a FELONY in all 50 States (including my great State of California) these killers should NOT be above the law! Since they ARE, may Justice find them -- the Justice they cannot escape, and are not above!
Every one of your words rings so true. Some communities are still giving access to free/low-cost spay/neuter vouchers. Others have organizations such as Stray Cat Alliance here in L.A. that are actively involved in saving unhoused felines' lives. Alley Cat Allies are global. Best Friends Animal Society has over 200 affiliated shelters. Both of these organizations connect people with others who are local and may be able to help. More and more people are joining us. NO innocent lives should be lost! and those involved in this heinous crime need to be taken off their immunity pedestal and PROSECUTED.