daisy the cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Newport Beach, California http://www.facebook.com/
can someone tell me how many posts i have to have up before they will show my profile? it still says my profile won't show unitil i have done postings. then another question, there is an icon for people to add a link here, i did and received two mails that my posts were taken down because links aren't allowed. then why is the icon there to add links?????

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure what you mean about your profile, because it's showing right here. Perhaps you mean your signature? You can edit your signature when you reach Young Cat status (20 posts) and can add links to your signature when you've achieved Adult Cat status (100 posts). The information is here: Promotions and Benefits Buttons are there by default, but sometimes don't function until the minimum status has been reached.

Did you get a pop-up message saying that you couldn't link, or a PM (personal message) from a team member? If the latter, you were probably linking to something that isn't allowed according to the Forum Rules :
Website promotion is not allowed, other than in a discreet link in your signature, or an ad in the marketplace forum. Linking outside the site is allowed where relevant, though we prefer to use the resources available on this site. Posts that are judged to be spammy in nature by the site team may get edited or deleted.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daisy the cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Newport Beach, California http://www.facebook.com/
well, i just looked and the profile still isn't showing. the avatar is only there. the whole profile text is not there. it simply says that the rest of the profile will show when i have been active in posts. so i give up, it's been way to long. i typed it all in many months ago.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm seeing the same thing jcat posted. What are you missing when you look at your profile? Have you tried clearing your cache, refreshing the page, resetting cookies? I'm not very computer literate, but those are the things that have been most helpful when I've had problems not seeing the most recent updates on websites.