Product Review: Thing-ama-string

Arirang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So, I was shopping at Pet People (which, despite the fact that I work at PetSmart, is a very nice company with great products. I wish PetSmart got on board with the same food ethics...) and saw a product called Thing-Ama-String by Moody Pet, Inc.

I will start off by saying that my cat, Autumn, is a very strange cat. As fellow crazy cat people, you all know that every cat is strange. Autumn takes the cake... So many eccentricities...

Anyways, Thing-Ama-String in essence is a vertical conveyor belt with a string attached. It goes around, throwing the string down, then picking it back up and hiding it, over and over. Irresistible. The idea is that cats will play with the string as it moves, providing hours of entertainment.

Well, it provides Autumn with hours of entertainment, alright, but more like a spectator sport. She sits there and watches it literally for /hours/ at a time. Maybe once every five or ten minutes, she reaches and grabs it. It makes an odd sort of sound, like the motor wants to keep going (really a bizarre feature for something intended to be grabbed while moving...) and she goes running into another room. It's a grand adventure; she'll peek at it from around the corner for a moment, then sneak up and continue watching it.

It's also relatively quiet except for the odd stopping sound.

Even if your cat doesn't play with things once you have actually spent money on them, this may still keep the smol gods occupied for a while. I give Thing-Ama-String 3.5 out of 5 jingle-bell collars.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Arirang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ah! I had been looking for such a section and missed it. Thanks for the input!