Problems Changing Status

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I've been having problems with this since October, but wanted to wait to see if it would resolve itself before I bothered anyone. I used to change my status on my profile page often, usually for feline-related national days. But now when I try to update my status, the place to do so isn’t there. Please let me know if there’s anything I can do. Thank you, and sorry for any inconvenience.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Let me check this out. It might take a while.

ETA: The ability to post messages on people's profile pages unfortunately had to be turned off due to spammers. There's most probably a connection.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Oops! Like jcat jcat said we had to disable profile posts and that affected the status messages. It should be fixed now - can you please test?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Oops! Like jcat jcat said we had to disable profile posts and that affected the status messages. It should be fixed now - can you please test?
It still doesn’t seem to be working. Maybe I’m doing something wrong?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
There are two ways of doing it (both of which just worked when I tried with a regular account).

1) Fill in "Update your status" in the dropdown menu and click Post.

2) Choose Personal Details from the menu, type a new Status Message, then scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes.
Screenshot_2017-12-09-18-01-37.png
Screenshot_2017-12-09-18-00-18.png

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
There are two ways of doing it (both of which just worked when I tried with a regular account).

1) Fill in "Update your status" in the dropdown menu and click Post.

2) Choose Personal Details from the menu, type a new Status Message, then scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes.View attachment 209244 View attachment 209245
I got it! Thank you so much! :D

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please ignore this post - I'm just testing mentioning for another member :biggrin:
PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws
Ignore me too! -- Anne Anne , the alert shows up in my online stream of Alerts (upper right corner of logged-in page)... but no emails come to me. Looks like another person mentioned me during the last 10 or so hours too -babiesmom5- but no email alert, just the virtual alert online.
:dunno: