Problem with possibly pregnant cat..

artdiva

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a cat that regularly goes outside ~bad, bad, I know~ ... and I believe that she is pregnant.... Her nipples became visible and obvious and her stomach is huge... she was previously a very slim cat. I took her to the vet and he said he didn't feel any kittens and said that she wasn't pregnant.. She's eating a lot and.. well frankly, I disagree. What are some typical behaviors displayed by a pregnant cat? Should I be concerned that something is wrong with her? Help, please!

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, typicaly these are the signs of pregnancy. Usually about 3 weeks after conceptiong the nipples are pink and enlarged. They may not eat a lot or gain weight that rapid. It could be an intestinal inflamation or just a false pregnancy. The only real way to tell is with an x ray or when(if) she has kittens. I would hate for you to wait that long to know for sure though. If it is something medical then it could be harmful. Then when all if found out..get her spayed so she can go romp in the great outdoors again.