Problem With Clumping Litter Sticking To Litter Pan

Mocharuns

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We use a clumping Liter called simply fresh, it is unscented. The problem is that our female cat pees at and down edges of her liter box so it is a struggle to get her pee out. I tried arm and hammer slide but did not like it and it did not work. I also tried oiling the sides of the liter pan. That worked great but only for a few days. I am not sure if I should get a new liter box so the sides of it are more smooth or if I ,need a thin metal scooper? Maybe different liter? Did anyone have this problem with their cats pee sticking to the box?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
I had the sticky situation a little, and I'm like you, arm n hamner doesn't get the job done.

You could try Dr elseys. I'm adding some of littermaid's walnut to it, oddly enough that seems to absorb the dust :)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Did anyone have this problem with their cats pee sticking to the box?
My Ruby's a pee-against-the-sides of the litter box pee-er too. And it doesn't matter how deep the litter is, it always sticks to the sides. :sigh:

At first I tried smacking the side of the litter box to loosen the clump, but that just made the clump break up. So now I tip the litter box so the litter moves away from the side with the clump, then I use a paper towel to remove the clump. Sometimes it still crumbles a little, so I use another paper towel to scoop up the smaller pieces. Not a great solution, but it works.

I also use litter box wipes to wipe down the sides of the litter box where the pee clumps stuck. I find the Petkin wipes the best.

Litter Box Wipes (40ct) - Petkin

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Feeby pees on the walls of the litter box, most often in the rounded corner closest to the front. It does not matter what litter I use, how high I pile it, whether or not the box corners are rounded or not, it sticks to the side - every time without fail. The best approach for me is exactly the same as what rubysmama rubysmama described above.