Privacy Settings?

fiorya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,

I was searching for cat pictures on Google in general, and lo and behold, a picture of my cats from this site came up. :p That got me wondering about something. I know this is a public forum, but is there any way that users can protect themselves if they realize that something they posted is a little too specific and could be recognized by people who know them personally? Say, if someone were to Google search their cats' names. Are there any ways to change your privacy settings so that only members of this site can read your posts?

Second question: Now that I realized that, I kind of want to go back and edit my posts to take out my cats' names and a few of the pictures I've posted. Just because people who know me know what my cats look like, and I'd prefer if they couldn't easily find my account here. But I suppose there isn't a way to easily edit all of my posts? I don't want to delete them, just edit out some info and maybe some pictures. But I've read that you can't edit your posts or delete pictures on your own after a certain amount of time has passed? Is that true?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That's correct. There are no privacy settings like Facebook's, and members have a two-hour window to edit their posts.