Pretty sure my cat is pregnant

LondonLady28

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone I’m pretty sure my cat is pregnant however not entirely sure how far along 🤔 her belly is firm and has definitely gotten bigger she acts like she’s starving all the time (she has dry food out at all times), her nipples are very prominent and have little white specks at the end and I’m almost certain I have felt movement the past 2 days feels like pops against my hand and possibly felt a body move under my hand yesterday although her belly isn’t the size I’ve seen other cats bellies when they was pregnant so my question is do you think she is close to popping? And could just be a small litter?

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, a small litter, most likely 2 kittens. Any female cat that is over 4 months and gets access to teh outdoors is most likely pregnant. Remember, she can come into heat again just a couple of weeks after giving birth, so don't let her out. This having endless litters will be her life if you don't have her spayed. Males travel miles for a female. She needs extra vitamins and calories right now, and especially when she is nursing. Please get her some kitten food which has both. all the luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LondonLady28

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you both yes she will be getting spayed after having them and got kitten food for her today

LondonLady28

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Slight update she’s getting bigger by the day and today I saw babies moving while mum was relaxing also nipples are able to be seen lot clearer also getting protective over her belly has corrected me when I’ve tried to feel

LondonLady28

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Another update no babies yet but judging by when I felt them move she should due around the 5th June I believe she has “dropped” and babies were having a party in her stomach last night also she seems constantly annoyed her tail is constantly just flicking even when she’s relaxing i am all prepped with kitten formula and gloves in case I need to help during birth also the equipment incase she doesn’t chew cords

LondonLady28

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Another update today her vulva appears to have some slight brown discharge not loads just a little bit and has had a bit of loss of appetite since yesterday not completely gone off but definitely not eating as much as she has been and seems to only eat if someone is with her

LondonLady28

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She appears to have actually dropped looking at her she doesn’t look pregnant or as pregnant as she looked yesterday and also hasn’t eaten but is still drinking and her vulva was swollen last night so hopefully today or tomorrow also she tried to claw into my wardrobe this morning so suppose she is starting to nest

LondonLady28

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still no babies and no signs either I thought she had dropped but the movement is still pretty high up as well as down low but my question is tomorrow will be 3 weeks since I felt babies move when would you recommend ringing the vets or taking her in? As I don’t know when she actually got pregnant but she’s definitely close to the end the last few days she’s just been looking at getting into all the tight spaces and looking where to nest I believe

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could ring them and ask, but as long as she is not in distress ( pacing, meowing, refusing to eat, hiding.) I wouldn’t worry about it. Since you don’t know for sure the exact mating date, don’t rush it. Premature kittens, even a week, are very apt to die. It’s a change she is wanting to nest, it’s got to be close! I’ll contact StefanZ StefanZ , our expert, maybe he can help.

LondonLady28

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah she’s definitely not in distress or anything alarming, I know I keep thinking maybe there’s more than I thought in there that’s why I was able to feel kicks early but now it’s whole bodies pushing against the skin lol

LondonLady28

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah she did get bigger not loads bigger but definitely bigger lol

LondonLady28

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Think today may be the day she’s crying a lot today wanting to be in the living room because that’s where everyone is I moved her upstairs due to having young kids but she just wants to be near me I think today, can’t keep still for long pacing around crying and her breathing seems to have picked up and she was lying on floor and did what looked to me like pushing but only did it once and didn’t cry while doing it or anything