Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

President Donald Trump & Racism

Discussion in 'IMO: In My Opinion' started by xlpooper, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Willowy

Willowy TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    I'll repeat myself too: I don't know him personally; only he knows whether he's racist or not (a business owner may choose to admit people he doesn't personally like due to financial gain). Some of his past actions could be said to be racist. And he definitely panders to racists. His words and actions have emboldened racists to be more open about their beliefs and bigoted actions.

Winchester purraised this.

2. xlpooper

xlpooper Thread Starter TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 8, 2007
    South
    Business owner's, especially white business owner's don't usually sue a City on the behalf on minorities.
    I haven't seen President Trump 'pander to racists' or 'embolden' them. Racists were just as bold and open, probably more so, when Obama was POTUS.

3. Willowy

Mar 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    Well, there were certainly enough people who called him the n-word and made lynching "jokes" (threats).

But honestly I've seen racism displayed a lot more openly since Trump started campaigning, with those people more freely assuming that others agree with them and more freely assuming that nobody will stop them. The kind of people who yell "this is Trump's America! Get out of my country!" I suppose it may be different in other areas.

4. xlpooper

Mar 8, 2007
    South
    The people that are actually racist can "freely assume" all they want, they are wrong and that doesn't make Donald Trump a racist and Trump is what this thread is actually about.

5. Willowy

Mar 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    I kind of think that if a large percentage of people think something about a person, it does actually matter. But OK.

6. xlpooper

Mar 8, 2007
    South
    It doesn't make it true though, it makes those people misinformed.

7. Winchester

Winchester TCS Member Veteran

Aug 28, 2009
    In the kitchen
    It is your opinion (not a fact) that the ManBaby is not racist; people may agree with you, but it is not a fact. You could be very much misinformed.

It is my opinion that the ManBaby is, indeed, very much a racist because of what I've seen since he took office. People may agree with me as well, but it does not make my opinion fact. There is a difference between opinion and fact. You should do well to remember that. In my opinion, the ManBaby is very much a racist. You may not agree with it, but neither of us is saying it's a fact; it's what we believe.

8. Willowy

Mar 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    They have as much right to their opinion as you do to yours.

9. xlpooper

Mar 8, 2007
    South
    Sure, everyone has the right to be naive and to believe anything they want even if they know it isn't true.

10. Winchester

Aug 28, 2009
    In the kitchen
    And that’s true about those on both sides of the fence.

11. donutte

donutte Professional cat sitter extraordinaire! Top Cat

Apr 22, 2015
    Northern suburbs of Chicago
    Apparently he referred to countries in Africa and Haiti as "(expletive) countries" and said we should bring in people from Norway. It has yet to be denied (until he realizes how bad it makes him look, then he'll deny I'm sure).

Sure sounds racist to me.

Alejandra Rico and margd purraised this.

12. Willowy

Mar 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    Ha, I doubt people from Norway would come here, except maybe for a special job or if they had family. It would be a decrease in quality of life for them!

ETA: oh, wow, just saw what he said. That's. . .wow.

But the article says: "The official said that although this might enrage Washington, staffers predict the comment would resonate with Trump's base". I predict that too. Like I said, he panders to the racist inclinations of his base.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018

13. Winchester

Aug 28, 2009
    In the kitchen
    The ManBaby doesn't care how bad it makes him look (or how racist).

Just from seeing what all has taken place since the ManBaby has been in the WH, it's obvious that, not only is he a racist, but he definitely will say whatever the racists of his core supporters want to hear. He simply doesn't care. And that's not naivety talking.

14. donutte

donutte Professional cat sitter extraordinaire! Top Cat

Apr 22, 2015
    Northern suburbs of Chicago
    Now you see what I was talking about (after looking at your ETA)! I obviously couldn't quote the President because it would break the rules here.

Alejandra Rico purraised this.

15. Willowy

Mar 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    Some people are totally missing the point, AGAIN. Just like the "grab them by the p****" situation. Huckabee said that Melania should wash his mouth out with soap if he really said that. The "vulgar" language isn't the problem! It's the mindset that's the problem! Argh. How can people misunderstand that so badly? It's like if someone said "I killed 75 f****** cats yesterday" and people said "gasp! Such language!" instead of "um, maybe killing cats isn't a good thing to do", ya know? I have to wonder if they're being deliberately obtuse so they don't have to think about the real problem.

Winchester purraised this.

16. Winchester

Aug 28, 2009
    In the kitchen
    The Ambassador to Panama has resigned in protest of the ManBaby's racist hurls.

"U.S. Ambassador to Panama John Feeley resigned in protest effective March 9 following Trump's descriptions of Latin American nations like Haiti and El Salvador as "****hole countries," Reuters reported Friday, after it obtained his resignation later.

“As a junior foreign service officer, I signed an oath to serve faithfully the president and his administration in an apolitical fashion, even when I might not agree with certain policies. My instructors made clear that if I believed I could not do that, I would be honor bound to resign. That time has come," Feeley wrote."

If you go to the link, read it. It's also about how the Ambassador to London denied pretty much everything the ManBaby said about the new embassy.

The U.S. ambassador in London contradicted just about everything Trump said about the new embassy

17. xlpooper

Mar 8, 2007
    South
    Are his alleged remarks on video? I thought not.
    Lol, he, allegedly said Haiti is a s-hole, NOT the people. Haiti IS a terribly poor country that is one of the worst 3rd world countries. Supposedly they were being helped by the Clinton Foundation but that sure didn't work out very well.

18. xlpooper

Mar 8, 2007
    South
    Yes, Norway does a very high standard of living, due in large part to the dreaded fossil fuel industry.
    But I'll give them this, their govt has been MUCH smarter with their money than many other country's including
    America.
    One thing I don't like about Norway, they defy a global ban on commercial whaling, along with Japan and Iceland and that sucks.

19. Willowy

Mar 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    The neo-Nazi website Daily Stormer said Trump’s remarks were “encouraging and refreshing, as it indicates Trump is more or less on the same page as us with regards to race and immigration.”

:censored:

20. xlpooper

Mar 8, 2007
    South
    Except for the fact President Trump didn't say anything about the 'people' just the state of the country.
    Are you against merit based immigration?
    And why would you be browsing those kind of sites, yuck, you said before you won't even click on The Blaze.