prescription for white screen near corner of eye

bapkd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am from India.We have a very dear female cat whose name is chakky.She is 2 years old.She is of native Indian breed.She is
of healthy type.At this point of time she has one single kitten.

For the past few days she has the following problem.From the corner of her eyes(the corner near the nose)a whitescreen is creeping into her eyes.She has no problem in seeing,this is for sure,but she can't keep her eyes open for long and has to close it every now and then.I also feel she has problem in concentrating.On close observation her eyes are a little bit watery.She has this in both eyes.Other than this
no other symptom is visible nor do I think she is in pain.But she has stopped playing with her kid.Otherwise she is a tough gal.

Kindly suggest some prescription if you understand the symptoms.I live nearby a town and I can't find a vet nearbywho attends to cat.Also please tell some tablets and not injections,for she is a full grown cat with a mind of her own.What happened to her?I remember some 10 years back we had a kitten with similar symptoms and we took it to vet and the vet said it had something poisonous and gave an injection.Does chakky suffer from some poisonous attack or is this something else?But this time around we live where we can't find a vet and we have in our hand one tough gal adored by all,but listens to none.The weather out here is absolute downpour , could this affect her?

Looking forward for your speedy prescriptions

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
to TCS!

I'm very sorry, but our members aren't veterinarians and therefore aren't qualified to give medical advice.

The "white screen" you're talking about is called the nictitating membrane, or nictating membrane, often referred to as the "third eyelid". Its showing isn't an illness in itself, but usually a symptom of an illness or injury; unfortunately, without knowing what's causing it to show, no treatment can be recommended.

That Mysterious Third Eyelid , Cat's eye and Third Eyelid Problems in Cats explain some of the possible causes.

Good luck to you and Chakky!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds like Chakky has a viral eye infection and she may need antibiotics at this point for a secondary bacterial eye infection. I know you say you can't get to a vet where you live and I don't know what else to suggest. The eyes need to be treated only be a licensed veterinarian. I think your cat may need antibacterial - antiviral eye drops or ointment for the eyes which only a vet can dispense... :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited: