premature kitty

cmartel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
we have a kitten who is above the "usual" kitten size, I suspect that she was premature but can't tell for sure. Her mother is a rather small cat, whom sorry to say has had too many litters ( I hate it when people don't take care of their cats) Now is there any way to tell or am I just worrying about nothing. What could some signs be? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What do you mean when you say above usual size? I might be able to help a little if you go into a little detail. How old is she supposed to be??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cmartel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is not above the average size, to me she is below. She is awfully small in my eyes. Fenway, is her name, she seems healthy but again she is very, very small. It seems that when we eat she can't get enough. Her dish is left out all day for her to eat freely at any time but she goes nuts when we eat. Although as I said before she is rather small and this concerns me. When we first got her, she was nothing but a tooth pick so right now we are trying to put some beef on her.

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was wondering why your first post said above. I would try and find out about a date of birth first. The second thing I would do is have her dewormed. Most kittens are born with them and it tends to rob them of nutrition and makes them eat like horses. In this months CATS magazine, there is a 3 or 4 page about kitten growth. You can tell the age by what they are doing. It may not be that she was just premature, but may the runt of the litter. Let me know how she's coming along!!