Premade Answers alternative

zobothehobo

Non-binary mom of 3 (they/them)
Young Cat
Purraise
With the news that Answers is beginning HPP, I'm looking for a premade I can get in North Carolina that is both made with high quality ingredients and doesn't HPP. Small Batch is what I'm coming up with, but I have some concerns with their quality and the fact that they USED to HPP and do still sell many slightly cooked products.

Does anyone have recommendations? My sister who has two dogs is planning on travelling to VA to get Bones and Co until the stores we've been talking to here can get it but I don't know what their taurine levels are - so I don't know how much goats milk I need to supplement.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I tried Small Batch with my cats and they didn’t care for it…plus things like dandelion greens aren’t cat food, in my opinion. Can you find Northwest Naturals? They make both frozen and freeze-dried, and I’m pleased with the quality. My local independent pet supply/food store carries it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zobothehobo

Young Cat
Purraise
I tried Small Batch with my cats and they didn’t care for it…plus things like dandelion greens aren’t cat food, in my opinion. Can you find Northwest Naturals? They make both frozen and freeze-dried, and I’m pleased with the quality. My local independent pet supply/food store carries it.
oooh This looks promising! Thank you so much for this recommendation. I like that they have clear sourcing on their website and they source from human-grade facilities!

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
I hope you can find it and that your cats like it! Mine prefer the turkey. :) I sent NW Nats a message a couple of years asking about bone content, and they replied that it’s 7%. That’s better for my cats than the 10% or more in some of the other commercial brands.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zobothehobo

Young Cat
Purraise
I hope you can find it and that your cats like it! Mine prefer the turkey. :) I sent NW Nats a message a couple of years asking about bone content, and they replied that it’s 7%. That’s better for my cats than the 10% or more in some of the other commercial brands.
Oh nevermind. I just found the page on their website about how they hpp... which is why I'm leaving answers. I do not want the nutrion processed out of the food I feed whether that happens with high heat or high pressure.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
Another option might be to buy one of the grinds from Hare Today and add one of the supplement mixes from Alnutrin or EZ Complete.