PreLabor??

Crazycatlady911

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m a foster I got a mama from the shelter about a week and a half ago. When I picked her up then they said it would be anyday in fact she bet that it would be before thenext day. Still nothing lol. She had some diarrhea tonight, very affectionate but she’s always been like that, she started producing milk a few nights ago, her tail is kind of like flicking or wagging, she purrs non stop but idk if that’s just her personality, drinking alot, eating but only like a bite or 2 at a time. What do y’all think how much longer ??

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do
I’m a foster I got a mama from the shelter about a week and a half ago. When I picked her up then they said it would be anyday in fact she bet that it would be before thenext day. Still nothing lol. She had some diarrhea tonight, very affectionate but she’s always been like that, she started producing milk a few nights ago, her tail is kind of like flicking or wagging, she purrs non stop but idk if that’s just her personality, drinking alot, eating but only like a bite or 2 at a time. What do y’all think how much longer ??
Did or do you feel the kittens move? Has she dropped, ie suddenly seems less pregnant? Does she wants you to rub her belly? (yes do it if she wishes), Is she getting calcium rich food? If not, be sure she gets it... Too little calcium can make the labor weak... Give whatever calcium rich you have at hand and she takes. Goats milk, cheese, or kmr are good.

The waiting game is an old favorite, so Im not suprised you got to wait... The problem is what happens if she is blocked by some reasons... Its rare but it does happens now and then; so its necessary to watch out...

My guess is, they thought she was due because she was big, withouth having really clue. That is why I ask, if you felt kittens move, and if she has dropped. These two give a decently good timetable.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Crazycatlady911

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes I have seen them move they’ve been very active the past 24hrs especially. she definitely looks like she’s carrying lower in her belly now and almost like she’s getting skinnier? Is that normal?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes I have seen them move they’ve been very active the past 24hrs especially. she definitely looks like she’s carrying lower in her belly now and almost like she’s getting skinnier? Is that normal?
OK, this skinnier and lower in the belly is probably this dropping I talk about... Its normal and nearing now. Two days?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Kittens are usually born within a week of milk production. Any day now!