Pregnant xar

Emilyxx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,

If my calculations are correct my cat will be giving birth in the next 1-2 weeks.
For about 2 weeks now she hasn’t been sleeping with me like she always did but instead she is sleeping on the carpet floor on the landing, does anyone know why? I have made her a nesting box but she doesn’t seem to be interested in it.
Her belly is also very firm, the vet has confirmed she is pregnant and said that she is holding some tension in the tummy, any suggestions as to why or what this is?
Thank you in advance

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, your cat is choosing to sleep where she feels most comfortable for now. A pregnant cat’s belly grows bigger and firmer as the kittens grow, and gets even harder at the end, just like a pregnant woman’s does. Most cats do not go in a nest until time to deliver. It does sound like she is nearing her last week or so and her behavior is normal. Keep us posted. 😊

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Emilyxx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That’s great thank you for the reassurance! She’s gave me a right worry these last few weeks. She is also waking me up 4-5 times in the night to feed her but when I go downstairs her bowl is full and she starts eating. Any ideas as to why this is?

Thank you again

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That’s great thank you for the reassurance! She’s gave me a right worry these last few weeks. She is also waking me up 4-5 times in the night to feed her but when I go downstairs her bowl is full and she starts eating. Any ideas as to why this is?

Thank you again
She probably wants your company. An assurance of sorts. :)