Pregnant stray

Thatguy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello my and my fiancé have recently brought in a pregnant stray and have a question about the belly and around the nipples for the most part she seems good a bit thin but that is changing for the better but one of her breasts seem to be larger than the rest and she seems to have a long chunk of folded skin is this a normal thing or can it be an issue

Attachments

MowPow5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Looks like shes probably had 2+ litters already. Their body's don't 'bounce back' quite like a woman's. If her folds feel hard or tight, its just the mamory glands doing their job. But a good belly rub/massage (possibly a heat pac) may be in order to lower the chances of mastitis-'hardened milk'+ swollen glands. Hence the reason kittens knead mom's tummy while they eat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thatguy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for the quick reply I’m going to try the heat pack for sure and some belly massages

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You will be blessed for taking her in. Thank you......Try to give her kitten food to fatten her up a bit, it has higher calories and extra nutrition. Continue into nursing when they use MANY extra calories. I'm sure she is grateful for your help.