Pregnant Stray Decided She Lives Here Now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have babies! Cersei went into labor late Sunday night and by Monday at noon had seven kittens. Six of them vital and wriggly and one sadly, was stillborn. On Tuesday morning we went in to do weights and I thought I had lost my mind.. there were seven kittens! No wonder mama was so large!

We have one little one that was only 64 grams, but she has been gaining well every time. We are supplementing the lowest three gainers each time we weigh to ease the burden of mama. So far she is doing a lovely job. Kittens look great every time we check, and she is really good about letting me get them out of the kennel twice a day.

Now for the fun part. It is my pleasure to introduce you to:

J.K. Meowling, Rowena Ravenpaw, Godric Griffenpurr, Salazar Snifferin, Helga Hufflepuss, Luna Lovecat and a day late, but not least Kittymort (The Cat Who Must Not Be Named)
IMG_3626.JPG

Any Potter fans out there?

Cers is still a larger cat than Dany, but she looks almost tiny without all of the babies!

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! Love the names so much. Can't wait to see individual pics when you are able. Are they all grey & white except for one black kitty (or maybe that's two upper right, hard to tell).

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Goodness! Quite the litter. Good to hear that all are doing well!

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. I am a no good, very bad no updater. Life has been nuts. Cers passed away on the night of Feb 11th. I don't know what happened, she had climbed out of the nest and she was cold the next morning. WE bottle fed the babies and we have six healthy sixish week olds now. We lost little Helga a few days after her mama. She was a lovely little fighter, but she was very difficult to feed and just faded. The others are all weaned and almost ready to move from the big kennel in the bedroom into the cat room. They have ALL of the energy. Dany cat stepped in to be the Cuddler in Chief in the mean time. She helped us with everything outside of the feeding and now spends the majority of the time in the kennel with them. She is the best cat ever. I had worried her maternal instinct would fade after she was fixed, but I think she is even more loving with them than she was with her own.

Peter and Lucy have been adopted and they are doing great in their new home.

Finch is still here.. He has been backed out on a staggering FOUR times. He is the cutest little booger, so it has to be just a run of bad luck. I don't mind having him around, he is a huge cuddle bug now.. it's so much sweeter when they started feral.

We got a new little girl named Wanda, but I keep calling her Winny because she looks JUST like the little black one I just adopted out. She is fun. She plays fetch. She is going in for her spay on the 9th and will be adoptable soon.

We also found a lovely barn/woodshop for Frankie the Feral that we had in here. After a few weeks of handling she stopped peeing herself every time I worked with her, but was no less miserable. A friend has a barn with a few animals and her husbands workshop and we moved her out there a month ago. They say she looks good when they see her, which is rare. She is eating the food the leave out for her and he has seen a good reduction in mice out there so I am deeming this a success for our sweet girl. She may never know that cuddles are actually lovely, but she will be fed and cared for.

I have also decided I am going to foster for the humane society out here. They seem to need the most help and after another kitty that was "Spayed" ended up pregnant at the shelter I was working with and no one seemed to know what was going on.. or care, I am ending my relationship with them. I know there will be heart break on this road, but I can't handle the carelessness of the very people that are supposed to be there to help. Not everything can be perfect, but we can care and we can try to do our best by these animals.

I will update again and post pic soon! I promise! Today is finishing up things for a craft fair tomorrow so we can raise money for 6 more surgeries in a few weeks when the babies are old enough!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So sorry about mama Cers. And little Helga. RIP sweet girls. :angel:

You are doing so much for all those kitties. And, sadly, learning there's heartbreak, along with the joy. :alright:

Looking forward to pictures. :camera:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What a great update! You are doing so much to help. I don’t blame you for switching shelters. We would love to see pictures when you have time. :)

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
8ACD9AA9-7DC9-4D15-9A6A-B451A86CFFAB.jpeg

I have three grey triplets, this miiiight be Sal?
6F5B83E5-E7CF-4D81-B132-9980DBB58C24.jpeg

Griff getting ready to climb
9CD539F5-AB31-4CFC-B3CA-553B2C545B30.jpeg

Hi other mom!
97A2D00D-E889-4545-8267-8B4F150414A3.jpeg

This may be little Luna
09410B9B-3911-46DC-8D6C-295F2B488ED0.jpeg

Dany watching her little ones scamper.
B5C683BF-2E7F-478B-B1E1-D400AA3AAE6C.jpeg

I heart box
4D875DB5-0785-451B-B72B-C6D4D66B9F73.jpeg

You can see the size difference between Luna and her other grey siblings. She is our little fighter... and is also most likely a boy... Lunar Lovegood?
800239F6-528B-45AA-AAC7-599050D3E5AA.jpeg

She’s such a good foster mom
B6E6D361-AD1D-4509-9B35-D027CB0A81F3.jpeg

The big guys enjoying dinner
7D805D5C-7F32-4FEC-B49F-99BB56BA5F7C.jpeg

Remember when this little guy was feral? Now he’s my cuddle bug. More coming! Hold please!

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I do have a question for ya’ll. Anyone have any tips for taking pictures of black cats? Little Wanda just does not show well in any of the pictures I’ve taken. Sometimes it’s because she’s zooming around, but more often than not she just looks like a mess of black fur with some eyes. I’m not the best photographer, but I want to show her off to advantage for potential adopters.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Try less natural light with a flash. I have a tough time photographing my all black cat too!

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got some decent ones in the back corner of the room. Sadly, there is almost no getting away from the light in the cat room unless you can fit in one of the hidey boxes. The cats have pretty much destroyed the blinds in here and replacing them feels like a lost battle. I don't mind it so much, it keeps me from having to use the light in here and I have a lovely tree outside blocking the traffic and such from seeing inside. I think the sunshine is good for me, I don't get out enough.

This is going to sounds insane.. but with all of the kittens weaned I feel like I have too much time on my hands. I went from having something to do almost every minute to having these weird free time periods. I am feeling my empty nest.. the babies still like cuddles, but they don't NEED me anymore. In fact, they usually are more into jumping down and playing then spending time with boring old human. LOL.