Pregnant Stray Decided She Lives Here Now.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SHe has the M on her forehead, what a lovely tabby coat ! At least they knew to call you instead of abandoning the poor baby

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Finch went to his forever home too. He is going to the a companion for a shy little girl and they are going to grow up together. So happy!

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sad update**

Finch is coming back here for now. His new canine brothers did not take too kindly to a new kitten in the house and the woman tells me this is just not going to work out. We are going to go pick him up tonight after my girlfriend gets off of work. We will try again and this time I think we will specify that he go to a home with no dogs.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear , it takes a long time sometimes for cats and dogs to accept one another . Looks like they didn’t want to invest the time so good he’s coming back for a while .

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Poor Finchy, I hope the dogs weren't too terrifying to him.

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know! I feel so bad for the little booger. He ate like a champ when he got home, and settled back in nicely. I think this woman’s heart was in the right place.. I really try to stress the importance of slowly introducing your animals, but I think the reaction was bigger than she was expecting and it overwhelmed her...Which is okay, it happens. I’m glad she called me to come and get him and we can try again. Even with all of the animals we have a fairly quiet home. Three kids and two dogs may have been too much excitement for my formerly feral baby. I want to give him some time to relax here before we try again. I did get an update from Bennie’s new owner and she is doing great!

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have been giving him a ton of extra cuddles since he got back here. I think he is going to need a special home. Maybe someone single or someone older that lives a quiet life. Hunter (now Junior) went to an older woman and she could not be happier. She said he sleeps in her bed every night and loves to cuddle with her to watch TV. I get regular pictures from her and I love it. He has truly brought joy into her home, and it reminds me why this is so important to do. Even when I am cleaning the fourth litter box of the day. Here’s the most recent picture of Junior napping with his mama. :)
6F36635C-F6A0-4337-BD73-0A4C513C9D27.jpeg

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our little Mr Finch is settling back in just fine. He is a LOT more social now then before he left. He has started coming and asking for attention like the other babies. I think he is well on his way to being a happy cuddly kitten.

We found a home for Winny today. She will be going to a lovely home (much nicer than ours!) with a single woman and her three year old kitty to be a companion to them. It’s always bittersweet to see them leave. They all have their own distinct little personalities and foibles.. I guess I get attached no matter how I try not to. My little girl will be very happy in her new home, and there is already someone to take her spot in foster. Well.. likely a couple someone’s.

Little miss Eartha, our newest foster, has managed to scrape the top of her head trying to jam it under the door. We have been cleaning it and treating it with triple antibiotic. It’s so strange, it’s not really a wound.. so much as it looks like someone just shaved a tiny patch off of her head. If Winny had thumbs and could reach the bathroom I would be suspicious. I hot glued some felt to the bottom of the door so she couldn’t make it worse and she is wearing the cone of shame for a few more days until the skin looks less raw. Poor silly kitten.

Lastly, for the current kitties our Dany is doing beautifully. We have moved her litter box and food to the bedroom so she sleeps with us these days. She got on with everyone except for Eartha, she hisses and swats at her. I thought it was best to separate before someone got hurt. She got a bunch of stuff for Christmas and is currently trying to not let me type this.

Shelter twin, whom I have started referring to as Cersei, is getting rechecked today. Her intake paperwork says she is fixed... but she is a little rounder than I remember her being last week. The vet tech I tried talking to was garbage, so I asked the foster coordinator to see if she could do something and she said she would have the other girl take a look at her when she comes in. She was one of 18 that came in when the owner died and as eager as this guy was to shrug me off today I don’t trust him. She migh just have worms, she might be pregnant...there could be a dozen things, but I will feel better when they have a look at her. My foster stuff is all complete now so I asked to take her if she is, and if not, we will be taking some kittens that were brought in and isolate until they can be introduced into the kitten room with the others.

Sorry guys. Long update. :)

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Winny went off to her forever home today and I got a call about 2 six month olds that need a foster until adopt. The fun never ends! No word yet on Cersei from the shelter, but I plan on going in tomorrow to put in an hour or two so I’ll ask about her then.
In other exciting news I ordered a great pet play pen today that I expect to get very soon, and we picked up another medium kennel and got it all set up for new intakes. I never thought this journey would bring me here.. but I love every second of it.

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update time! Also, photo dump.

We have two new residents here at Casa de Kitty. They came here as Peter and Lucy, but we modified to Peter Catpauldi and Lucy Mew so they would fit our silliness.
They are sweet loving kitties that love to cuddle and have meshed into our crazy foster home like a dream. They have both just been fixed so I am letting them heal for a time before we start looking for forever homes.
6B65BBBB-AD1E-45F1-B7DD-D3F17FCA9E81.jpeg
CAA767E1-3FFB-4A44-8595-B7C69D5B2351.jpeg

We are still looking for the perfect home for Catticus Finch. He has quickly become my lap kitty and will seek love from us regularly. It makes my heart happy to see how far he has come from the angry little feral boy he was.
30806A71-A5B4-4532-865D-FB8E926EA042.jpeg
784211DF-64AC-4D00-936F-C80D149AFC3F.jpeg
AEEC2BD2-68C2-4A20-9684-43A4A3C60CD8.jpeg

Miss Eartha Kitten has a forever home lined up, and should be heading out next weekend. It’s always bittersweet to see them go, but she is a happy little kitty and will be joining another one of our former fosters.
0929FBC3-0CC0-4160-87F6-63895BA1B8AE.jpeg
3ACA4FBA-5327-4CD0-857E-BE1180C592ED.jpeg

We have also brought home Miss Cersei Lannispurr who was indeed pregnant. She is getting quite large now, so I suspect we will be seeing babies shortly. The tech who said he thought she had spay scars had nothing to say...so that is that. Damage is done, and I do have an extra soft spot for grey cats. Predictably she and Dany hated each other on sight. If you watch Game of Thrones you will know why this just made me laugh. It wasn’t until I got her home that I realized that she is a much larger cat than Dany is. I will certainly not mix them up, Dany is still a tiny thing. She has taken to napping by my desk during the day so I can keep an eye on her
F1EBC6A0-2B11-4CBB-8B2C-D811BB70C5D4.jpeg

We have also been working on outfitting the office as more of a cat room. I bought a cat tree, and when I saw how small it was decided to make a larger more stable version myself. We are still working on it, but I love it so far. We also ditched the bed that was in there and have purchased an armoire desk so I can just close it at the end of the day and walk away.
213E5F5A-E6C1-4220-8681-AB56FCFEA12F.jpeg
EE284BB6-0B69-4994-BB96-ADD3407CC145.jpeg

It is still a work in progress, I need to get a few more small boards to stabilize the baskets for the bigger cats. The kitties love both of them. So I am happy. That’s all folks!

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Great job with everything! You are getting into the busy swing of things! And this is the mild "off" kitten season lol.

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I honestly can’t believe I didn’t do this sooner. I am literally almost never more than a few steps away from warm fuzzy cuddles. Best therapy I’ve ever had!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Great job. Everything and everyone looks good. :)
So would there be no Casa de Kitty if not for the "Pregnant Stray Decided She Lives Here Now". ;)

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Honestly? Likely not. Before Dany came and made this her home I had never actually owned a cat before. After how beautiful and humbling the whole exiprience was , I realized I had needed something... some purpose behind being that was more than clacking a key board all day.

This has been crazy and frustrating a times, but I feel like I have a reason to get out of bed that is more meaningful than just going through the motions because that is what you are supposed to do. I guess you could say this has given me just as much as it has given the kitties.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sometimes it just takes one event to put things into motion. Dany was lucky she stumbled onto your doorstep, as are all the kitties that are now being helped. Thanks for all you're doing. :bouquet:

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Miss Cersei’s belly has started to firm up today and her milk is coming in. It’s sooner than I expected, but I think we will have babies soon! She digs the playpen and I think it’s going to make a really handy nest for her and the kittens. I remember thinking Dany had a huge belly, well Cersei is nothing less than magnificent.
CF6863BD-A3AD-49A4-A9DE-DF01DF8732FC.jpeg
2F90A52C-BB73-457E-BD55-421F621AF573.jpeg
I can’t help but laugh as she walks because it swings back and forth under her like a furry pendulum.