Pregnant Stray Cat?

A.H.K

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am totally new to this site, and am worried for Gypsy, an adult female cat. She’s a stray, but lives in my backyard, I feed her, I pet her, but she is free to wander off whenever. She was born a stray, and I doubt she would adjust well to a domesticated life. She was given birth twice before, both litters perfectly healthy, but I was not around to see her pregnant, nor have I ever seen a pregnant cat. Is she pregnant, if so, when will she give birth? I’ve attached pictures below. Let me know if you need more, and I can post them.

I forgot to mention, that her stomach seems very bloated, she is sleeping almost all day, and she is being very very cuddly. Her nipples are a pinkish - white.

Attachments

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hello A A.H.K Welcome to TCS.

Yes, she does look pregnant. She's quite thin so it's hard to say exactly how far along she is, she might be a couple of weeks away from giving birth or she might be carrying a small litter.

It's important to make sure she gets proper nutrition at a time like this. What do you feed her? If you can get KMR you can start giving her that to drink. If not goat's milk is also good for cats.

Would it be possible for you to get her spayed after this litter?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

A.H.K

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello A A.H.K Welcome to TCS.

Yes, she does look pregnant. She's quite thin so it's hard to say exactly how far along she is, she might be a couple of weeks away from giving birth or she might be carrying a small litter.

It's important to make sure she gets proper nutrition at a time like this. What do you feed her? If you can get KMR you can start giving her that to drink. If not goat's milk is also good for cats.

Would it be possible for you to get her spayed after this litter?
Okay thanks. I feed her chicken and goats milk. I tried giving her proper cat food but she wouldn’t touch it. She doesn’t trust me enough for me to get her into a carrier, to take her to the vet, but I’m working on it.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks pregnant to me and she is too thin. Trap her if needed, get help to do that and take her to dvm. If possible spay asap. She is so thin and the kittens if any could be affected by that. Thanks for helping her and stopping more misery for these poor cats breeding and living the hard life outside ❤
If she lets you pet her she trusts you and she can be trained and adjust to live inside as your indoor only cat.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get some hard kitten food and see if she will eat that. She is definitely too thin and needs a lot more food to properly give birth and nurse kittens. I wish you well, keep us posted!

steph557

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recommend trying to feed her "Royal Canin Feline Health Nutrition Mother & Babycat Dry Cat Food" if you're letting her have the kittens. But she should be taken in to be spayed ASAP. There are youtube videos on how to trap cats safely, and if not, reach out to your local trap, neuter, and return organizations. Female cats can get pregnant very soon after giving birth and leads to a huge overpopulation of stray cats. The kittens can be socialized and adopted into families. There are also a lot of fosters out there that will take in stray cats and their babies and work to rehome the kittens, spray the mom, and then release her to where she lives. There's lots of different options out there, I would recommend doing more research!