Pregnant Stray Cat Question

Risinglight1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I found a pregnant stray cat and I'm trying too figure out how far along she is and when she could go into labor. I can see, feel and hear the kittens move and all she does is sleep she seems too be showing less interest in food but still eating occasionally, I have made her a nesting box and she's been sleeping it it a lot,her temp is about 99.4

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she drinking? A cat's normal temp is around 102 degrees. Their gestation period is about 61 days. I don't know much about the birthday process. My Vincie girl had her babies in my closet that I had sanitized and put sheets on that I had bleached. Others here can answer your questions better. I'm so glad you took her in.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If you visibly see kittens move she prob hasnt dropped yet.

My guess is she is resting, now at ease, her high being now rescued and safe at least.

Be sure she gets good food and calcium rich food. Goats milk is wxcellent for it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Risinglight1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She seems too be drinking, I laid a blanket and a couple towels in a basket and she likes it she's been laying in it a lot and she's just the sweetest baby this is her belly

Attachments

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
She seems too be drinking, I laid a blanket and a couple towels in a basket and she likes it she's been laying in it a lot and she's just the sweetest baby this is her belly
Oh my. She is so beautiful. Lovely Mama. Wonder how many babies are in her?

Risinglight1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure but she looks too be about 11 months old is what the vet said so this is probably her first litter if not her second

Risinglight1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've decided too name her twilight and thank youI'm pretty excited just nervous as well cause she's so small I'm worried the babies might get stuck

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure she'll be fine. Keep posting if you can and if you get nervous. There is always someone here who has been through this. My Vincie girl is small and had her 5 babies in about 30 minutes. She had 2 while standing, then I moved her and babies to the corner of the closet where it was dark and cozy, then she had the other 3.

Twilight is a beautiful name!

Risinglight1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok thank you! I will keep you updated on how she's progressing I'm hoping she has these babies soon haha but idk when that will be, have you ever heard the babies move when your cat was pregnant? It's like a popping sound it's interesting

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is lovely. Bless you for taking her in! As long as she is not distressed, pacing, meowing, acting nervous, everything should be fine. Especially during labour. It's not unusual for long pauses in between kittens, so as long as she is calm, everything is fine. If she becomes distressed and ignores any kittens already born, then take her in ASAP, have a carrier ready with a blanket and bring the kittens along too. 99% of teh time everything goes well, I have had many cats have kittens even smaller then her, around 6 months to ten months old. If it is her frist litter you may have to help her, some first time moms don't take the birthing sac off teh kittens face, have a warm washrag ready and rub them to get them started and wipe their face. Don't be afraid to contact us with any questions/concerns, we are always here. Keep in mind tehre are time zone differences. Good Luck! Please keep in touch!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I hope its not time yet. A couple of days after she has dropped is the common.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I thought my Vincie girl was ready to have hers but she didn't have them till a week later. She was uncomfortable because she is so small and she had 5, which I didn't know at that point in time. She would sit on my lap vertically, and I could feel many tiny feet kicking, so sweet.

Risinglight1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for the advice I think she still has a couple days or another week before the kittens are here but I will keep you all updated and I'll send pics once she has the babies!

Risinglight1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her belly looks like it's getting bigger I can't wait for these babies too arrive!!!
IMG_20190703_231844758.jpg

Risinglight1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone so she's been meowing a lot and she has a discharge should I be worried?

Risinglight1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can't tell she's moving around a lot