Pregnant Rescue Cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Abbiescatrescue

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh thats ok i know life can grab a hold of ya and make ya so busy it makes ya crazy i know that first hand lol. They are so adorable i cant get over the cuteness ivy definately makes some beautiful babies she is such a good momma. Its gonna be hard on you to adopt them out when it becomes time you get so attached to them so quickly it makes it hard. I wanted to keep all of my dogs puppies when she accidently got prego we were suppose to be getting her in to be spayed but a week earlier then the appt she went into heat and our male got her lol this was almost 11 years ago my baby girl passed away on us a year ago the vet said it was natural causes she was a tiny beagle so she didnt live as long. You can take them to the vet at any time you need to if a problem should occur but if they are happy and healthy then i would wait till they are just a bit older. Do you plan on getting them shots and spayed/neutered or are you gonna leave it up to the people that adopt them? If i were you i would just get them their shots and let the new parents gwt them spayed/neutered to help with the cost that or charge an adoption fee of tou do get them fixed first they can be spayed/neutered as early as 8 weeks as long as they have a clean bill of health and meet the weight requirements. You will be able to tell what they are as they get a little bit older i know i keep saying this but they are so adorable makes me want one so bad but i am not allowed to have any more than the 1 i have but we have other animals so its like i have a zoo lol plus i have like 10 feral cats outside that i feed to but unfortunately none of them are adoptable. Thank you so much for responding back and thank you for being such a pawsome pet parent
She really has made some beautiful kittens! We have had so many applications for them! I know, I’m mostly worried about Ivy being adopted, I’ll definitely miss her! But I know they’ll be going to good homes so that makes it a little easier! Yeah they will be neutered, microchipped and vaccinated before leaving us, I dont want any cats leaving us having accidentally litters so it’s easier for us get it done. They wont be leaving here until 12 weeks so I’ll discuss with the vet the best plan. Sorry to hear about your dog, its always heart breaking loosing them! Are your feral cats neutered? Can always adopt one of their kittens and be helping out too, how could your husband say no to that haha! Im 21 and already have 5 cats and a dog that will be moving with me when I move out so if I find a partner, they have to like all animals haha

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Kittens go to the vet at 8 weeks to begin vaccinations. They can be spayed and neutered at 8 weeks or 2 pounds, and mom can be spayed when they are 8 weeks and still continue to nurse.

Glad all is well! :)

Beaglelover1980

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She really has made some beautiful kittens! We have had so many applications for them! I know, I’m mostly worried about Ivy being adopted, I’ll definitely miss her! But I know they’ll be going to good homes so that makes it a little easier! Yeah they will be neutered, microchipped and vaccinated before leaving us, I dont want any cats leaving us having accidentally litters so it’s easier for us get it done. They wont be leaving here until 12 weeks so I’ll discuss with the vet the best plan. Sorry to hear about your dog, its always heart breaking loosing them! Are your feral cats neutered? Can always adopt one of their kittens and be helping out too, how could your husband say no to that haha! Im 21 and already have 5 cats and a dog that will be moving with me when I move out so if I find a partner, they have to like all animals haha
Wow sounds like you have an awesome plan into affect thags great i am glad that so many people are interested in those bundles of fuzzy cuteness. Your so awesome in everything you are doing for ivy and her babies i dont blame you for wanting to take care of all of that before they leave you. I hope ivy can find a home ti she sounds like a wonderful kitty it would be awesome if she could go with one of her children i bet that would make her so happy. Yea all of my ferals are spayed/neutered myself and a few other people have been gathering money as a community to have the funds to make sure there are no more unwanted babies. I feed about 10 myself and i transformed my shed into a kitty house for the winter months but we should be starting the slow process into spring soon lol. I have 10 in my colony and my neighbor has 12 that she feeds plus there are more around the other side of the community that are doing their thing we have alot in my community they run this place like we are the visitors lol. We have alot on our plates right now that is why i cant have more we have 2 dogs 1 cat a bird and a snake and we breed mice for our snake plus my mom and his Grandfather live with us so ya we have our hands full lol. Wow your pretty responsible for only being 21 look at all that you are accomplishing at such a young age most 21 year olds that i know are just the complete opposite they are lazy and play video games all the time lol. I am 38 years old and have a whole house full of animals my mom and his grandfather included lol just kidding. So its not that he wont let me its just that we have alot as it is and its up to us to take care of everyone plus all my ferals so when you add it all up its alot on just 2 incomes lol. Yeah finding someone that shares the same passions as you is very important never let anyone try to change who you are the babies are a package deal lol

Abbiescatrescue

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow sounds like you have an awesome plan into affect thags great i am glad that so many people are interested in those bundles of fuzzy cuteness. Your so awesome in everything you are doing for ivy and her babies i dont blame you for wanting to take care of all of that before they leave you. I hope ivy can find a home ti she sounds like a wonderful kitty it would be awesome if she could go with one of her children i bet that would make her so happy. Yea all of my ferals are spayed/neutered myself and a few other people have been gathering money as a community to have the funds to make sure there are no more unwanted babies. I feed about 10 myself and i transformed my shed into a kitty house for the winter months but we should be starting the slow process into spring soon lol. I have 10 in my colony and my neighbor has 12 that she feeds plus there are more around the other side of the community that are doing their thing we have alot in my community they run this place like we are the visitors lol. We have alot on our plates right now that is why i cant have more we have 2 dogs 1 cat a bird and a snake and we breed mice for our snake plus my mom and his Grandfather live with us so ya we have our hands full lol. Wow your pretty responsible for only being 21 look at all that you are accomplishing at such a young age most 21 year olds that i know are just the complete opposite they are lazy and play video games all the time lol. I am 38 years old and have a whole house full of animals my mom and his grandfather included lol just kidding. So its not that he wont let me its just that we have alot as it is and its up to us to take care of everyone plus all my ferals so when you add it all up its alot on just 2 incomes lol. Yeah finding someone that shares the same passions as you is very important never let anyone try to change who you are the babies are a package deal lol
Thankyou!
Im hoping someone will consider taking a kitten and Ivy, although Ivy’s sister is in foster care so she might be reunited with her but im not sure how that will go.
Ivy has a sore on her lip and we’re thinking about taking her to the vets tomorrow to get it looked at, she seems fine in herself but I want to make sure its not something that can be passed on the the kittens and come out worse for them.
Ah thats great! We dont seem to get too many strays/ ferals here thankfully. Thats fair enough, sounds like you have your hands full! I got sick at 15 so i’ve had 5 years of not being able to go to school/college/work, i have my own cats and love them to bits so thought id help out the local ones too, at the moment they are usually cats that cant stay with their owners for various reasons, only had one stray!

Beaglelover1980

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Your welcome. Aww poor ivy i hope its nothing serious. Maybe it's just from her licking the babies or something simple like that she has been indoors so i dont think it should be anything to bad i hope. Oh i am so sorry to hear that i can say that it makes 2 of us i started getting sick around 2008 and found out i have fibromyalgia and then i started gradually getting worse from that and then in 2012 they diagnosed me with multiple sclerosis its been quite the journey but you know i am just so happy to be able to be able to still walk and still enjoy life to its fullest with a few set backs but i am just happy to be able to do what i can do. I hope u can find someone to take ivy its hard to find people that will take older cats everyone wants kittens. Where are you from? I am from Michigan we are heading into spring finally yay i am happy about that i hate winter lol. Do you have any kind of help from anyone to take care of these fur babies? I have a couple of neighbors that help with a bag of food here and there but not to much help its mostly up to my huaband and i to feed these ferals. We think someone may be poisoning the ferals in our community we have been seeing alot of cats dying so i am do an investigation and i hope i can find out who is doing it so we can get them in trouble with the authorities

Abbiescatrescue

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your welcome. Aww poor ivy i hope its nothing serious. Maybe it's just from her licking the babies or something simple like that she has been indoors so i dont think it should be anything to bad i hope. Oh i am so sorry to hear that i can say that it makes 2 of us i started getting sick around 2008 and found out i have fibromyalgia and then i started gradually getting worse from that and then in 2012 they diagnosed me with multiple sclerosis its been quite the journey but you know i am just so happy to be able to be able to still walk and still enjoy life to its fullest with a few set backs but i am just happy to be able to do what i can do. I hope u can find someone to take ivy its hard to find people that will take older cats everyone wants kittens. Where are you from? I am from Michigan we are heading into spring finally yay i am happy about that i hate winter lol. Do you have any kind of help from anyone to take care of these fur babies? I have a couple of neighbors that help with a bag of food here and there but not to much help its mostly up to my huaband and i to feed these ferals. We think someone may be poisoning the ferals in our community we have been seeing alot of cats dying so i am do an investigation and i hope i can find out who is doing it so we can get them in trouble with the authorities
I’m wondering if she may have picked it up from the vet on Tuesday! But we’re taking her at about 5.40 to get checked.
I’m sorry to hear that too! I was diagnosed with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis when I was 15 and went down hill from there! Im pretty happy with how things are though, like id prefer not to be sick but if I wasn’t I’d probably be too busy and gone down a different path and not ended up helping cats! Sorry you were diagnosed wih MS I hope its one of the ‘easier’ types to live with! I’ve had quite abit of interest in Ivy already but I feel like im going to be extra picky when finding her a home. We have plenty of time though! The kittens were snapped up pretty quick but older cats usually take a month or so to find a home. I live in the UK! I get quite abit of help actually, I have quite a few online friends who donate often as well as getting food donations etc. Last year when Misty had pyometra I put a fundraiser on my facebook page and pretty much covered her £400 bill! When its needed people come together im so grateful for that. I mostly pay for food, litter and stuff myself then sell personalised embroidered blankets to a few cat breeders online to cover most of the vet costs! Plus people are pretty generous when there are cute kittens needing donations
I really hope people aren’t poisoning them :( maybe someones car had an antifreeze leak and it was an accident? Positively thinking because i couldn’t understand why any sane human would purposely harm ar kill animals :(

Beaglelover1980

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m wondering if she may have picked it up from the vet on Tuesday! But we’re taking her at about 5.40 to get checked.
I’m sorry to hear that too! I was diagnosed with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis when I was 15 and went down hill from there! Im pretty happy with how things are though, like id prefer not to be sick but if I wasn’t I’d probably be too busy and gone down a different path and not ended up helping cats! Sorry you were diagnosed wih MS I hope its one of the ‘easier’ types to live with! I’ve had quite abit of interest in Ivy already but I feel like im going to be extra picky when finding her a home. We have plenty of time though! The kittens were snapped up pretty quick but older cats usually take a month or so to find a home. I live in the UK! I get quite abit of help actually, I have quite a few online friends who donate often as well as getting food donations etc. Last year when Misty had pyometra I put a fundraiser on my facebook page and pretty much covered her £400 bill! When its needed people come together im so grateful for that. I mostly pay for food, litter and stuff myself then sell personalised embroidered blankets to a few cat breeders online to cover most of the vet costs! Plus people are pretty generous when there are cute kittens needing donations
I really hope people aren’t poisoning them :( maybe someones car had an antifreeze leak and it was an accident? Positively thinking because i couldn’t understand why any sane human would purposely harm ar kill animals :(
I hope everything is good with ivy poor thing just cant catch a break anywhere. What is myalgic encephalomyelitis? If you dont mind me asking. I have remitting/relapsing MS which is the first stage of the disease i can have a flare up at anytime and it can ne debilitating it can progress into the worse forms but not always some people can go downhill really fast but then others can stay at one stage for a long period of time without progression i feel really bad for those that have it worse than i do i go to a support group once a month and i have made alot of friends through the group and some of the people that have progressive ms are having such a hard time with it i just cry at every meeting because i feel so bad. That is so awesome that you have so much help for those babies sounds like you know alot of kind hearted people and that is great. I just do what i can for the babies i do have but i cant do much about the others and it tears up my heart because i want to help them all but its just to hard i just wish people would take care of their cats and get them fixed and stop letting them outside its ao dangerous out there for these babies and people just throw them out like they are a bag of trash and then they keep breeding and they get out of control. I have a couple of neighbors that help feed them but me myself i have close to 30 cats that come to my shed to eat throughout the day. It's not totally uncommon for people to be so cruel they just dont have a heart i just hope that it is an accident like you said and nothing worse then that i would be so angry and heartbroken its not the cats fault they got thrown out into the world to fend for themselves its because of cruel and heartless humans i mean i understand that sometimes people just cant keep the animal like if they move or something but i wish they wouldn't just throw them outside. I bet the kittens are growing really fast? Its so hard not to get attached to them as your taking care of them i would wanna keep them all lol.

Abbiescatrescue

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey! Sorry for not updating for a while! The kittens are now 5 weeks old doing fab, Ivy is feeling alot better, she’s been pretty run down during the last few weeks but now the kittens are eating more solid and not nursing so much she seems to be picking up! I’ve attached some pictures for you! All three of them will be being rehomed together at about 12 weeks old!

Attachments

Beaglelover1980

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh they are so precious they grew so quick thats awesome they will stay together bless you for being such a pawsome person. Gkad to hear ivy is doing better has she been spayed yet so she doesnt have anymore jelly beans lol.

Abbiescatrescue

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh they are so precious they grew so quick thats awesome they will stay together bless you for being such a pawsome person. Gkad to hear ivy is doing better has she been spayed yet so she doesnt have anymore jelly beans lol.
Thankyou! No she hasnt, we are planning on spaying her when the beans are 8 weeks so they are a little better her being away. Theres no way Ivy can have any more babies (as cute as they are, definitely dont need any more to the situation!) she’s in a rescue pen and cant get outdoors, double doors for safty etc! They wont be leaving Ivy until 12 weeks so we’re in no rush especially with her being easily run down :)

Beaglelover1980

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah 12 weeks is very good time for them to leave its so good for them to be with mommy as long as possible she will teach them so much. So is ivy going with her beans or are they the only ones being adopted? My neighbor and i are in the process of trying to catch a feral very pregnant mama cat we are hoping to catch her before she gives birth my neighbor said she will keep mama and the beanies till they can be adopted she is very afraid of humans so catching her is going to be tough. What are the sexes of ivy's beanies? They are all so adorable i bet your having so much fun with them they are such a joy to have around except when they get into mischief lol

Abbiescatrescue

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah 12 weeks is very good time for them to leave its so good for them to be with mommy as long as possible she will teach them so much. So is ivy going with her beans or are they the only ones being adopted? My neighbor and i are in the process of trying to catch a feral very pregnant mama cat we are hoping to catch her before she gives birth my neighbor said she will keep mama and the beanies till they can be adopted she is very afraid of humans so catching her is going to be tough. What are the sexes of ivy's beanies? They are all so adorable i bet your having so much fun with them they are such a joy to have around except when they get into mischief lol
Its been crazy seeing how much Ivy teaches them without you realising, petal has been following Ivy’s every move, from scratching at the floor to cover her food and using the tray every time she needs the toilet! Have you tried asking a local rescue if you can borrow a trap? Its lovely for you to help! Hopefully she begins to trust you both soon.
No unfortunately Ivy isnt going with them, she hasnt had much interest which is a shame because she’s gorgeous inside and out! Tonight is the first time they have properly played, i’ve had to start weighing them in a box because they just walk off the bowl to the scales now, and they got all over excited attacking the box, eachother & me! There are 2 girls, Laurel and Petal and 1 boy Sage, although we call him Chunk because he is so much heavier! Petal is the smallest and Chunk seems to be a human mummys boy! Since about 2 weeks old he’s loved cuddles from me, and now at 5 weeks I sneak him into the house with me and he settles down on my shoulder under my hoodie! Ivy seems to enjoy the break, she’s been treating me like a babysitter since they were born, whenever id hold and weigh them she’d take the opportunity to eat or toilet or have a break outside(in the enclosure pen) its amazing how much she has trusted me with them